PDA

View Full Version : how will u make this kind of stair

singhishpal2
2006-09-27, 05:50 AM
i am putting a image of the section of a stair i have to make
plz show me how to make it

ejburrell67787
2006-09-27, 09:01 AM
Well you could make 2 stairs in the same location - a concrete one and the finishes one (timber?) Or you could make a single stair with the full depth of treads and risers and then draught over the different materials in your detail drawings with a simple repeat detail.

singhishpal2
2006-09-27, 12:31 PM
thanx for posting
could u do me a favour by posting
revit file for both technique
.I have just started with revit
i tried to copy one stair over other in section but i failed
plz help

patricks
2006-09-27, 02:11 PM
no need to model all that I don't think, unless you're needing take-offs of separate materials. Best to just model the treads and risers and draw all the materials in a section detail view.

singhishpal2
2006-09-27, 04:28 PM
so that means people still use it as autocad and make their estimates manually

ejburrell67787
2006-09-27, 06:23 PM
thanx for posting
could u do me a favour by posting
revit file for both technique
.I have just started with revit
i tried to copy one stair over other in section but i failed
plz helpI'm really not sure it is appropriate to be asking people on here to post revit files for you or anyone else. Sometimes people will give their time and do so... which is great, but I think you will learn more by checking out what people suggest and then doing the tutorials that come with Revit. I'm sure there is a stair tutorial. (And besides most people on here do have full time jobs also... and their own revit work to do...)

best wishes!

ejburrell67787
2006-09-27, 06:27 PM
so that means people still use it as autocad and make their estimates manuallyDepends on the complexity, the time involved and the purpose of the drawing / modelling. If it will only ever show in a single view and doesn't need to be measured or quantities taken off of it then draughting is sometimes the best and most efficient way of acheiving what is needed.

Personally I have never taken quantities off a revit model, other than some very rough estimates, don't even know how to for stair treads and risers and once I have modelled the stair I fill in all the nosing and sometimes even the railing details with draughting because it is fast and produces a drawing that communicates what I need it to. Still wouldn't want to have to do it in AutoCad though!

Sweetshelby
2006-09-27, 06:33 PM
no need to model all that I don't think, unless you're needing take-offs of separate materials. Best to just model the treads and risers and draw all the materials in a section detail view.

I agree there is no need to model that stair unless you need it for 3D views and even then you could fake it with the material. Just do a section detail and add the materials with detail components and lines.

jwilhelm
2006-09-28, 12:36 AM
Baloney, we should be able to model complex stairs, including finishes

Sweetshelby
2006-09-28, 12:45 PM
Baloney, we should be able to model complex stairs, including finishes

I am not saying you can't do it, but if you can't spare the time (which most projects can't) to create it, then don't.

Arnel Aguel
2006-09-28, 01:02 PM
One has to make a smart decision as to when it is necessary to model everything and when to draft in Revit It really depends on your need and you have to think whether that will also affect the performance of the project as a whole.

Scott D Davis
2006-09-28, 04:14 PM
Create the custom treads as "ballusters" and build the stair using the balluster properties. There are several examples of stairs created this way here on AUGI if you search. Phil Read created them, so if you search for "stairs" by usr Phil Read, you should find them.

singhishpal2
2006-09-28, 04:18 PM
u people mean
like if u create a section u will model only those detail which u need in that section and will
also do things like join geometry in that part only

singhishpal2
2006-09-28, 04:19 PM
Create the custom treads as "ballusters" and build the stair using the balluster properties. There are several examples of stairs created this way here on AUGI if you search. Phil Read created them, so if you search for "stairs" by usr Phil Read, you should find them.
if i create a tread & riser vin balustrade family will they join seamlessly?