PDA

View Full Version : Latest rules on hatch patterns

Andre Baros
2006-09-28, 04:43 PM
As far as I can tell, there is no control over drafting patterns or model patterns the way there is over patterns in filled regions... correct?

If so, than what do you do when you have two drafting patterns next to each which are different line weights? One is a floor set to earth, the other actual topography, both use the same pattern file, but the pattern in the topo is about 1 to 2 line-weights heavier.

Thanks.

Chad Smith
2006-09-29, 04:33 AM
As far as I can tell, there is no control over drafting patterns or model patterns the way there is over patterns in filled regions... correct?More control over pattern colour and weight is one of my wishlist items. But, I would like to control the patterns in the Materials dialogue, not in the Fill Patterns.

For a material I'd like to be able to assign a, Surface Colour, Pattern, Pattern Colour and Pattern Weight. The same would apply to the Cut Pattern. I feel this wish would cancel the need for one of my highest priority wishes (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=1114). All I would have to do is set my view to Hidden Line to get my coloured representation with patterns. I imagine this would be easier to implement than my other wish, plus it would have these other line control benefits

Andre Baros
2006-09-29, 04:16 PM
I guess that means no.