PDA

View Full Version : View Title Help

nsinha73
2006-09-28, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys,
We have our office standard when comes to "View Titles". Can someone shed some light on how to Do this please?
What I want to achieve is attached as jpg

Thanks a lots Revitians

luigi
2006-09-28, 07:10 PM
Hi Guys,
We have our office standard when comes to "View Titles". Can someone shed some light on how to Do this please?
What I want to achieve is attached as jpg

Thanks a lots Revitians
You can't achieve that in an automatic fashion. The scale in the view tag is always in a constant position....Revit allows you to stretch the "underline" from within the project, nothing controlled from within the component.

If it is a standard that they don't want to adapt to...then you will have to place it manually.

I would have them agree that to fight the program to achieve this type of a standard is not a good thing, I mean if they are implementing Revit as a firm decision...if it is just a couple of projects, then it is ok to do it manually to please them, as long as they are educated that a user will have to "fight Revit" and there may be situation for User error in a large project...

Take care,

sleimgruber06
2006-09-28, 07:10 PM
Which part of the view title do you want to be able to modify:?:, I don't quite understand...

nsinha73
2006-09-28, 08:05 PM
Which part of the view title do you want to be able to modify:?:, I don't quite understand...
The Tail Section, where the scale is, So when I stretch the Tail, the Scale aligns with it

sleimgruber06
2006-09-28, 08:19 PM
The Tail Section, where the scale is, So when I stretch the Tail, the Scale aligns with it

When you modify the family you should be able to create a reference plan and offset that plan (X) from the tail end. Then you should be able to pin the scale text to the reference plane...

Arnel Aguel
2006-10-01, 06:34 AM
When you modify the family you should be able to create a reference plan and offset that plan (X) from the tail end. Then you should be able to pin the scale text to the reference plane...Am i missing something here?
I don't seem be able to place a ref plane in a view title annotation family and how do you pin a text or label to a ref plane or ref line for that matter so that when you move the ref plane or line the text or label will go with it?

sleimgruber06
2006-10-02, 10:42 PM
Am i missing something here?...

you just might be...

Arnel Aguel
2006-10-03, 12:34 AM
you just might be... Seriously, I don't seem to be able to place a ref plane in a view title annotation family the only option is ref line. I'm still using version 9 btw.

This type of standard is what we used to have in old autocad days where the scale is at the tail of the view title line but we changed it as we thought that its not possible in Revit. However, if you can confirm that this is possible I would greatly appreciate it if you could show me an example as I am really confused how to do this and how to pin a text to a ref plane. Thnx

Anybody can help also if you have done this before.

luigi
2006-10-03, 02:29 PM
You can't have a text from within a "View Title" move per reference line (nor plane, but a ref. plane is not an option in the "view tag")

One could have a "symbol" that contains text be aligned by a reference line or plane, but you wouldn't be able to have an automatic parameter for scale of the sheet, so it would be a "dumb" label that would have to be manually updated for each view in the project.

Also, you cannot have any "instance parameters" for "view tags" once loaded in a project....I have tried before...so that means that you would need a "view tag type" for each distance for the dumb label containing the scale of each view.

Since only a "type" parameter is allowed, you won't be able to modify it graphically, you will have to always edit it and give it an exact distance, which would be a nightmare....

Also, in case who reads this isn't aware of it...the line that we are able to drag in the project (the blue dots) isn't the line that is visible in the "view tag" component....you could even delete it from the "view tag component" and it will still be in your project once re-loaded....

In other words...

You can't achieve that in an automatic fashion. The scale in the view tag is always in a constant position....Revit allows you to stretch the "underline" from within the project, nothing controlled from within the component.

If it is a standard that they don't want to adapt to...then you will have to place it manually.

I would have them agree that to fight the program to achieve this type of a standard is not a good thing, I mean if they are implementing Revit as a firm decision...if it is just a couple of projects, then it is ok to do it manually to please them, as long as they are educated that a user will have to "fight Revit" and there may be situation for User error in a large project...

Take care,

Arnel Aguel
2006-10-03, 03:03 PM
That's what I always thought Luigi that's why we gave up with our old standard the autocad way and did not fight revit to do our standard.

I just thought that leimgruber06 really has found a trick to do this sort of thing.:?