PDA

View Full Version : Missing Interior Elevation Family - Forward to Factory?

ron.sanpedro
2006-09-28, 07:59 PM
We have a file that crashed at one point, and after a fair amount of work we discovered the file no longer has an Interior Elevation System Family. Some searching found a thread that suggested using the Journal to back track, but that only works if you figure out the problem quickly. ;-) I assume we will need to send the file to the Factory for repair, and I have never done that. How do I contat them, do the upload, etc?

Thanks,
Gordon

Justin Marchiel
2006-09-28, 08:02 PM
if you are on support there is a section to file a support request. I dont know if you can do it if you are not on subscription.

Justin

christo4robin
2006-09-28, 09:30 PM
Just an idea - place an interior elevation in a new, blank project. Copy it to the clipboard and paste it into your project. Hopefully that will do it. Have you tried transfer project standards?

Steve_Stafford
2006-09-29, 05:02 AM
Do you still have the Building Elevation, just missing the Interior Elevation? Most likely someone used Purged Unused and didn't take care to uncheck all and then choose what to purge. If there were no Interior Elevations in use then they'd be available to purge.

To restore the interior elevation you have to create an Elevation Tag "style" and then assign it to an Elevation View "type".

Click Settings menu > View Tags > Elevation Tags. Duplicate the 1/2" Square type, call it what you want, and make the necessary changes to the settings. That's the first step.

Now place a Building Elevation, select it, choose properties, Edit/New then Duplicate, name the elevation type. Now assign the View Tag style you create before to this Elevation View's Elevation Tag parameter.

Oh...if you want to "cheat"? Copy one from another project. Select it, copy to clipboard, paste into the project that it is missing in. Third option, File > Transfer Project Standards will work too... is that enough options :smile:

ron.sanpedro
2006-09-29, 05:12 AM
Do you still have the Building Elevation, just missing the Interior Elevation? Most likely someone used Purged Unused and didn't take care to uncheck all and then choose what to purge. If there were no Interior Elevations in use then they'd be available to purge.

To restore the interior elevation you have to create an Elevation Tag "style" and then assign it to an Elevation View "type".

Click Settings menu > View Tags > Elevation Tags. Duplicate the 1/2" Square type, call it what you want, and make the necessary changes to the settings. That's the first step.

Now place a Building Elevation, select it, choose properties, Edit/New then Duplicate, name the elevation type. Now assign the View Tag style you create before to this Elevation View's Elevation Tag parameter.

Oh...if you want to "cheat"? Copy one from another project. Select it, copy to clipboard, paste into the project that it is missing in. Third option, File > Transfer Project Standards will work too... is that enough options :smile:

Steve,
we tried the copy to clibboard approach, and it didn't work. I will have to verify with the user what exactly happened. We didn't bother trying to Transfer Project Standards figuring the same would result. I will dig a little more tomorrow and see what we come up with.

Thanks,
Gordon

jlaw
2007-06-20, 05:51 PM
I am having the same problem. did any one find out how to bring it back?

nnguyen
2007-06-21, 04:01 AM
Steve,
we tried the copy to clibboard approach, and it didn't work. I will have to verify with the user what exactly happened. We didn't bother trying to Transfer Project Standards figuring the same would result. I will dig a little more tomorrow and see what we come up with.

Thanks,
Gordon

We had that issue here too. It was someone purging the file and didn't know that we need to make sure to keep the system family. I just did what Steve's first option was and it worked.

Steve_Stafford
2007-06-21, 06:02 AM
The key is copying to clipboard the entire view symbol, the circle "placeholder" and the view arrow. Once you have that you can paste it into another project as long as you are in the same session of Revit. The clipboard is separate for different sessions of Revit. The transfer project standards only brings in the definition of the circle elevation style but it doesn't actually create a view type you can select in the type selector. The surest way to recreate and place it is via copy/paste.

tonyisenhoff
2009-01-20, 04:36 PM
We've used the copy/paste method with success... But I could of swore that we used the Transfer Project Standards (TPS) as well. I just had a similar situation and TPS didn't work!

Amy I crazy? Did TPS work for a while and now it doesn't?

So What
2012-08-30, 05:42 PM
Select an exterior elevation tag in any view. Duplicate and rename it to Interior Elevation, that is all.

For me nothing else worked. No copying and pasting, no transfer project standards, no nothing...