PDA

View Full Version : Door Types and Window Types

cgrover
2004-06-17, 05:02 AM
I'm curious how others are handeling door types (elevations of doors) and Window Types (elevations of windows). In legacy cad I would draw or copy and paste the elevations of all the different types of doors into drawing where I could label their type and dimension and note each type. I would do the same for different window types. How could this be accomplished in Revit. I realize I could take an elevation of each and then crop down so I see just the door. But then you would have X number of elevations to bring onto a sheet and align. It seems like I would want them in a drafting view, all in one view, but I'm not sure if this would work.

Thanks for the input.
grover

beegee
2004-06-17, 06:07 AM
There are a number of solutions to graphic Schedules that have been discussed in the forums previously.

Make a prototype project containing the various doors and windows, then import the elevations (with the walls turned off ) as a linked rvt file.
Create a 'management' phase prior to other phases with the doors and windows required ready to be used as elevationsUse phase filters for the door and window schedules to filter out these elements.
Make callouts of door and window elevations to place on the schedule sheet.
Use a drafting view and draft the door/window elevations with dimensions place it on the schedule. Not very Revit !
Thats all I can think of at the moment, and I probably haven't covered all the detail in each process. I'm sure there's more methods also.

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-17, 06:12 AM
I'm pretty sure credit goes to Aaron Rumple for this notion...

Create a phase in front of all other phases. Call it Project Administration or something nice. Then put your a segment of each wall type and add to a generic wall the project doors and windows.

Then set up your required views. Filter all these views for this phase only. Filter project schedules to exclude objects in this phase. Now you'll have project standard objects to use as needed throughout the project and add detail callouts etc.

Pretty slick idea really...did I do it justice Aaron?

Note...figures BeeGee would slip in his reply first since he's already in "tomorrow"...:-D

Paul P.
2004-06-17, 08:21 AM
Steve, do you know where Aaron's original post for this is. I cant seem to find it.

Regard's, Paul.

PeterJ
2004-06-17, 11:19 AM
It was Aaron and I couldn't find it either.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-06-17, 01:22 PM
I know I have been saying this a lot lately, but you can also use design options for this purpose. IMHO, They are much easier to control than phases.

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-17, 01:45 PM
I know I have been saying this a lot lately, but you can also use design options for this purpose. IMHO, They are much easier to control than phases.I can't hear you...la la lala la la...:twisted: You're probably right and "we" should be listening too huh? I'll have to experiment. Uh...why don't you send me your template, yeah, that's a good idea...;)

Paul P.
2004-06-18, 10:46 AM
Having never used the design option feature yet, is it possible to set this up in my office template or would it need to satrt from scratch on each job.

Regard's, Paul.

BomberAIA
2004-06-20, 02:18 PM
I do it a little different. I draw a wall out side of my building, maybe 400 ft to he left. I then place every type of door into it. I copy a front elevation tag. I turn off the view of the wall, clip it and I can place the door elevations on my schedule sheet. I also use this process for any accessory buildings in my project as bike rakes, mail boxes and wall signs, etc. This works for me.

cgrover
2004-07-22, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I've taken and created a "Project Adminstration" phase at the beginning of my phase list. The trouble I'm having is filtering the phases so the doors I've created do not show up in my schedule. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
grover

Scott D Davis
2004-07-22, 10:57 PM
Apply the filter to the schedule? From Revit Help:

You can apply phases to schedules.

For example, in a large renovation project, a door schedule would normally list all doors created in the project. In a building with hundreds of doors, the schedule could become difficult to work with because the demolished doors would be listed with the post-renovation doors. Instead of working with a list in which half the doors are eventually demolished, you could create two door schedules. Name the first schedule Doors-PreDemo and the second Doors-PostRenovation. Apply the appropriate phase to each. See Applying a Phase to a Schedule (http://mk:@msitstore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Revit%206.1ProgramRevitENU.CHM::/Revit_ProjectViews93.html#1185995).

Note: Phase properties do not exist in room schedules.

Applying a Phase to a Schedule (http://mk:@msitstore:C:Program%20FilesAutodesk%20Revit%206.1ProgramRevitENU.CHM::/Revit_ProjectViews93.html#1185995).

In the Project Browser, click the schedule name.
Right-click and choose Properties.
Set a value for the Phase and Phase Filter parameters.
Click OK.

cgrover
2004-07-23, 02:58 AM
Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was on the right track with that, but somewhere in my Phase Filters I have things messed up. I checked to make sure the doors are on my "Project Administration" Phase, which they are. Then I went to Settings/Phasing/Phase Filters and since my "Project Administration" Phase is the first phase I have I selected a filter named "Present". New=By Category; Existing=Not Displayed; Demolished=Not Displayed; Temporary=Not Displayed. The Phase of my Schedule is for Phase III which is several phases after Project Administration. Confused I am.

Thanks for your help.
grover