PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Index From Consultants

nsinha73
2006-09-30, 05:50 AM
Guys,
How can I incorporate "Sheet Index" from consultants (who use autocad) into Revit.
Revit generates "Index" from Sheets used...but how do I get sheets from consultants to show up.

Thanks in Advance guys

davidcobi
2006-09-30, 06:45 AM
We set up a project file called Consultant Sheets. In that project file we setup empty sheets that are named and numbered to reflect all the consultant sheets. We also assign a discipline to each sheet. We then link the completed Consultant Sheets project file into the main project file. Then when you go to the view properties of your drawing list under the Fields tab just check the option "Include elements in linked files."

D.Williams
2006-09-30, 12:16 PM
I never thought about David's method before but that should be spot on. There are two other ways to do it within the file. (1) create blank place holder sheets within your project instead of a linked file. Just create a sheet layout and rename to match the consultant's name. Same method as David suggested but no linking involved. (2) create a drafting view or legend where you'll have to type in a list of consultant drawings.

There's pros and cons for each. Neither is smart (unless the consultants are using their forms of Revit perhaps). If you want the list not to be alphabetical (Arch - Civil - Elec - Plum - Struct, etc) but rather (Civil - Arch - Struct - Plum, etc) you may need to add some parameters to sort the list differently. This has been discussed several times at length on these forums so a quick search I know will show you how to do this. If this doesn't sound like what you want, the drafting view method is quick and dirty especially if the consultant just gives you a list of their drawings. You won't get the neat excel schedule looking drawing list in this format without some drafting lines added in.

SCShell
2006-09-30, 01:47 PM
Hey there,

Ya know, I must be getting lazy in my old age. I just have sheets set up in my Template that are labelled, S1 - S6.2 Structural Drawings, M1.1 - 2.4 Mechanical Drawings, P1 -6 Plumbing Drawings and E1- 4 Electrical Drawings. I just change the first and last numbers of each consultant when I know them. I figure, unless it is a really complicated set with phases or different keyed plans, this works. (Heck, I don't even use an index on most sets that I review or look at.)

I also did add a parameter for numbering them so that I could have them in alphabetical order.

Good Luck
Steve

bowlingbrad
2006-09-30, 02:29 PM
I haven't found a need for blank sheets. We don't manage anything other than the sheet names and numbers from our consultants. We just use text in a legend view. Simple. Less headache than managing/sorting blank sheets.

my 2c