PDA

View Full Version : No Undo after deleting elevations & levels

narlee
2006-10-03, 02:35 PM
Wow. Been using the program for years and never noticed this before. That's bad (that you cannot undo those).

Geof Narlee

michael.deorsey
2006-10-03, 02:51 PM
I'm using 9.0 and I can undo the delete of both elevations and levels. Did you delete anything else at the same time? I've always gotten a "This can not be undone" message when that would be the case.

narlee
2006-10-03, 03:11 PM
I'm using 9.1

david.kingham
2006-10-03, 03:26 PM
I noticed after deleting an elevation yesterday that I could not undo, but I just tried again and I can undo anything...strange (using 9.1 also)

luigi
2006-10-03, 04:11 PM
Isn't it an issue with worksets? Some times because of worksets it allows you to undo certain things, and other times, it won't allow you to undo similar things....it has to do, I think, with how a workset is editable, Owned vs. borrowed..and it may have different effects depending on other people working on them...

Are any of the projects you are working on "not" on worksets? It would be interesting to single out the "possible" cause...

Dwane Lindsey
2006-10-03, 04:17 PM
Yes, it is an issue with worksets. If you are not working on a project with worksets, you can undo pretty much anything. Once you enable worksets you can no longer delete views and get them back with the undo.

aaronrumple
2006-10-03, 05:17 PM
However, with worksets you do have a save history of the team and can rollback to any of the last saves. Not perfect, but has come in handy...

patricks
2006-10-03, 08:00 PM
Yeah and what sucks is that when you right-click on a view in the project browser, Delete is directly below Duplicate with Detailing. I have accidentally clicked on Delete with the intention of duplicating the view on several occasions.

What you can do (assuming the view you just deleted is in the central file) is just open the central file along-side your local, re-create the view on your local file, then copy/paste in any notes, detail items, filled regions, etc. from the central file. Then close the central file, and then STC your local file to be safe.

'Tis a pain, yes, but at least you can do it.

twiceroadsfool
2006-10-04, 01:05 PM
Yeah and what sucks is that when you right-click on a view in the project browser, Delete is directly below Duplicate with Detailing. I have accidentally clicked on Delete with the intention of duplicating the view on several occasions.

LOL, we were just talking abuot this the other day. Delete should be in drop down menus surrounded by nothing but blank space, because when im trying to motor through a project, ive done that as well. If its right after a STC, ill just close without save and reopen, but man.... When its not right after a STC it sucks, LOL...