PDA

View Full Version : wraps in ceiling,floor,roof

singhishpal2
2006-10-03, 05:19 PM
how do the wraps in ceiling,floor,roof work
when i click on edit structure why are they always greyed or why can't i check mark it

aaronrumple
2006-10-03, 05:43 PM
The feature has never been implemented. Sure would be nice...

mccurdyks
2006-10-03, 08:25 PM
Wraps does work outside the core boundary. Anything inside core doesn't wrap, but layers outside regardless of what they are can wrap.

singhishpal2
2006-10-04, 02:00 AM
but when we add layers outside the core wraps button don't get a checkmark like we get when we add wall layers outside core in wall structure

singhishpal2
2006-10-06, 03:12 AM
Somebody plz reply to my post

mccurdyks
2006-10-06, 12:52 PM
I see about the buttons. I've just never needed control over anything beyond the outermost finish layer, which does wrap if it's the same material between the floor and the wall or ceiling and wall (like the left side of the example with GWB on both wall and floor). When they are disimilar materials on the finish faces of the floor and wall (like the right side of the example, with wood veneer on the wall and GWB on the floor), then they don't wrap. Same thing with the core. If the core of the wall and the floor are similar, they will join (like both are wood), but if they are disimilar (like wood and metal) they won't join.

aaronrumple
2006-10-06, 01:19 PM
I see about the buttons. I've just never needed control over anything beyond the outermost finish layer, which does wrap if it's the same material between the floor and the wall or ceiling and wall (like the left side of the example with GWB on both wall and floor). When they are disimilar materials on the finish faces of the floor and wall (like the right side of the example, with wood veneer on the wall and GWB on the floor), then they don't wrap. Same thing with the core. If the core of the wall and the floor are similar, they will join (like both are wood), but if they are disimilar (like wood and metal) they won't join.
That is joining - not wrapping.

Floors/Ceilings and Roofs simply don't wrap...

mccurdyks
2006-10-06, 02:48 PM
I realized that after I started looking. I was pretty much wrong in my first post that wrapping is possible. That'll teach me to post without going into Revit and double checking myself.

singhishpal2
2006-10-06, 04:24 PM
That is joining - not wrapping.

Floors/Ceilings and Roofs simply don't wrap...
then why are those checkmark buttons if we cannot check it

rodneyf
2006-10-06, 04:41 PM
Please everyone that wants this place a request to the factory. I did about a year ago but I don't know if ever got into their list as a high priority. So let your voice be heard and let them know you want this feature.