PDA

View Full Version : Openings not showing below

barathd
2006-10-03, 05:56 PM
I am currently doing a "structural framing plan". My problem is that I need to have the all openings show in the "floor below." I have managed to do this partially. In "Instance - 1" all openings are showing in "non load bearing walls". However when I created Pdf file or try to print - they totally disappeared. In "Instance - 2" I can not get my openings to show at all. I have done all my openings using the "opening" command rather than creating "doors and windows". This is purely a structural drawing for a structural consultant.

I have also used a "reflected plan" of the floor below this I believe is the problem. It is trying to show the openings in the interior partitions. However the outside "structural" wall is outside the range of the ceiling parameter and hence does not register the openings within. ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dick Barath

robert.manna
2006-10-03, 06:08 PM
Shot in the dark here, what if you turn on an underlay, such that you see the openings, then use the linework tool to make the openings visible. You could create a custom linetype for openings, and assign it with the linework tool. Then turn off the underlay...

HTH,
-R

barathd
2006-10-03, 07:17 PM
Hi Robert:

I have done that before - must be something cleaner - if not - there certainly should be.

Thank you.

db

barathd
2006-10-03, 07:34 PM
Can anyone offer any explanation why I can see some of the openings (partitions) on screen but when I go to print I can not?

Regards

db

dhurtubise
2006-10-03, 07:40 PM
Thats usually a printer driver issue. Which software are you using to create the PDF ?
We use PDF 995 and never had a problem, if you want i can try a print for you.

barathd
2006-10-03, 07:45 PM
Daniel:

Same problem using PDF or HP 5100. I am using the PDF driver supplied with Revit and the regular HP driver.

Regards

db

dhurtubise
2006-10-03, 07:46 PM
Email me at daniel.hurtubise@@lemaymichaudDOTcom
I'll set you up

barathd
2006-10-04, 08:21 PM
Here is a partial solution to my dilema that I received from Revit Support - works on interior partitions but not on exterior walls - hopefull a solution will be found for that.

As per Revit Support:

... ... ... I made the following changes for the opening to be able to print properly:

1. Created a new Line Style and named it “Underlay”.
2.On the Level 2 floor plan view, I used the Linework tool and applied the Underlay line style to the ends of both openings. Note that this linework tool should be applied twice to these lines, since there are two overlapping; top and bottom.
3. Change the Level 2 floor plan view properties, and switch the underlay orientation from Reflected Ceiling Plan to Plan.

The resulting view prints the end lines corresponding to the openings. Please note that using this linework tool is more efficient than just drawing drafting lines, since the linework is automatically adjusted when the opening is moved.

... ... ... end.