PDA

View Full Version : Rendered image produces pixelated shadows

stusic
2006-10-04, 12:27 AM
I am rendering this image and it produces very pixelated shadows. It doesn't seem to be affecting the rest of the objects, so I would think it has something to do with my raytraced shadows... Any ideas? I attached a chunk of the image that shows the pixelation - it has not been enlarged. 1:1

Thanks!

stusic
2006-10-04, 06:44 PM
Nevermind, I see I had anti-aliasing turned off.

Thanks!

I am rendering this image and it produces very pixelated shadows. It doesn't seem to be affecting the rest of the objects, so I would think it has something to do with my raytraced shadows... Any ideas? I attached a chunk of the image that shows the pixelation - it has not been enlarged. 1:1

Thanks!

Mike.Perry
2006-10-05, 02:51 AM
Nevermind, I see I had anti-aliasing turned off.Hi Phillip

Thanks for posting back the answer / solution to your original issue / problem. I am sure others will benefit from such information in future.

:beer: Mike

stusic
2006-10-05, 12:39 PM
Hi Phillip

Thanks for posting back the answer / solution to your original issue / problem. I am sure others will benefit from such information in future.

:beer: MikeActually, that was only part of the problem: AA was indeed off, however the mental ray shadow map resolutions were waaay too low for a rendering such as this. I bumped it up to 4096 and that werked very well.

Mike.Perry
2006-10-05, 11:54 PM
Actually, that was only part of the problem: AA was indeed off, however the mental ray shadow map resolutions were waaay too low for a rendering such as this. I bumped it up to 4096 and that werked very well.Hi Phillip

Thanks for posting back even more helpful / useful information on the subject...

:beer: Mike