PDA

View Full Version : Scope-of-Work Line

lwitzel
2006-10-04, 01:56 PM
I need to place scope-of-work lines around the work zones in each phase of a multiphase project. I tried to place a simple line around the areas and then adjust the linetype & lineweight. The linetype adjustment worked fine but line weights did not adjust significantly to "callout" the work zones.

What is the best way to set up scope-of-work lines? I need them to show up on Floor plan & RCP sheets in a multi-phase project involving noncontiguous areas of a 15K sq ft section of 100K+ sq ft building.

mcilrath
2006-10-04, 03:03 PM
I'm curious to see anyone's solution to this.

I avoid phasing, because it wrecks lines. For instance, dashed overhead lines become solid in the next phase. Could this have something to do with your problem?

lwitzel
2006-10-04, 04:06 PM
I simply need to place a heavy dashed line around the areas where work is being done in the each phase so that those who are looking at the rather complex drawings of a very large hospital can easily find the areas where work is being done during any phase. The hospital is existing with a new building being added just prior to the beginning of this project. This project involves the breakthroughs from the old building to the new building as well as reworking of existing spaces. Areas affected are to remain open and operating (for the most part) while work is being done.

I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give.

robert.manna
2006-10-04, 06:11 PM
You should be able to create a new line type under settings --> line styles. You can assign color, weight and pattern here to the new line style. Then the line style will be available for modeling & drafting line tools. If the weight is not heavy enough even if you bump up the weight in the line styles dialog box then you need to adjust your line weight tables under settings --> line weights.

HTH,
-R

robert.manna
2006-10-04, 06:12 PM
I'm curious to see anyone's solution to this.

I avoid phasing, because it wrecks lines. For instance, dashed overhead lines become solid in the next phase. Could this have something to do with your problem?
Having not done much with phasing I would think this could be resolved with the line work tool.

-R

lwitzel
2006-10-04, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your responses...

I got in touch with the Revit guru for my firm & he walked me through the same process...
I knew it would be easy... I was just thinking too much.

By the way, for those who shun phasing...

Phasing is one of the great reasons to use Revit. Try it in Architectural Desk Top and compare... if nothing else sells you on Revit, phase set-up will. My team is currently in progress in two simultaneous projects on different floors of the same hospital - One is being done the traditional way in ADT & the other is the comparison project being done Revit. I set up the phasing for both projects and will never do another one in ADT if I have any say in the matter! Layer management nightmare!

Thanks again.