PDA

View Full Version : Design Options - Make Primary

cdchristian
2006-10-04, 03:52 PM
I am having trouble changing my Primary Design Option. I select the Design Option that I want to turn into the primary, selec the "Make Primary" button, and patiently wait while it processes my request. Unfortunately, after a period of about 2 minutes or processing, nothing happens... no warning pops up, and my primary design option remains unchanged. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

In the enclosed attachment, I want "B2B Vitra" to become my primary option.

aggockel50321
2006-10-04, 04:55 PM
Try going to Tools / Review Warnings, and clear up any violations that show up there. That might solve it.

cdchristian
2006-10-04, 05:01 PM
Try going to Tools / Review Warnings, and clear up any violations that show up there. That might solve it.

I've attached my Warnings below, but haven't seen anything that would cause this problem. Am I missing something?

aggockel50321
2006-10-04, 05:27 PM
Just guessing, but possibly the last warning in upper dialog about two objects in the same place. You might have an object in both the main model and design option in the same place. That might make it balk.

I'd try to clear as many as possible.

dsw98
2006-10-04, 05:41 PM
I am having trouble changing my Primary Design Option. I select the Design Option that I want to turn into the primary, selec the "Make Primary" button, and patiently wait while it processes my request. Unfortunately, after a period of about 2 minutes or processing, nothing happens... no warning pops up, and my primary design option remains unchanged. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

In the enclosed attachment, I want "B2B Vitra" to become my primary option.

You're not alone. I've had the some problem and could never figure it out.

cdchristian
2006-10-04, 05:58 PM
Yes... it is quite frustrating... I have cleared up most of my warnings to no avail! I guess I'll have to figure out a way to back my design option into the primary spot by making some huge groups and copy pasting... seems archaic though.

Steve_Stafford
2006-10-04, 06:05 PM
How heavily annotated are your views of the original primary scheme? Room tags, wall tags, dimensions? Any locked or alignment constraints? Typically Revit generates a number of errors when switching to a different primary because tags and dimensions are no longer relevant for the objects that Revit is now trying to show.

I'd start examining my views and see if there are any such things that might conflict with the new primary. It is probably more resilient to just annotate views assigned to specific options and then place those views on their own sheets. Rather than change from primary to primary, though it is supposed to support this.

Submit a support request if you can, it will help the development team to see it first hand.

irwin
2006-10-10, 07:39 PM
Try the technique described in my second post on this thread: http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=36918

cdchristian
2006-10-17, 03:12 PM
Irwin! Thanks so much! I made a duplicate file to archive my options, and then deleted the objects in the primary I no longer wanted to be primary and voila... I switched my desired option to primary. It's a little sloppy, and there should be a better way, but it worked and I can FINALLY move on!