PDA

View Full Version : How to do a roof overhang / canopy

Dave Lewis
2006-10-04, 10:07 PM
2 questions (see attachment)
How do I extend the roof to the end of the wall. I only understand how to make roofs that have walls outlining the roof. How do I design a roof without the walls?

#2 How do I do a roof canopy. Say I have a 20' high cmu block wall and then I want a canopy 10' off the ground stuck to the side of the wall. I'm not sure how to explain the request.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-04, 10:29 PM
Roofs can be created using sketches too. Select your upper roof and click on edit on the options bar. Rather than picking walls select lines and the drawing tools show up on the options bar. Go to a plan view and move the sketch line to where you want it. Finish the sketch and your roof should reflect the new boundary you sketched.

As for the second question, open a plan view that shows the area you want the canopy in. Select the roof tool and sketch the outline of the roof. You can finish the sketch now and modify the properties of the finished roof. Highlight the roof and click on the properties button. The roof is associated with a level. You can offset it from that level to move it up or down.

Dave Lewis
2006-10-05, 12:15 AM
Thats hot, thankx

How do I do a parapit now?

sbrown
2006-10-05, 01:06 PM
You extend your wall up as high as you want, then the roof sketch should be to the inside face of core.