PDA

View Full Version : Section box & hidden line views.

PeterJ
2004-06-17, 09:00 PM
I have a series of large format sheets that are forming a part of my construction set and these ideally will include some 3D images to bring a number of details to life. As each sheet might be duplicated 30 or 40 times during the course of the project I prefer the 3D work be dealt with as hiddenline views rather than shaded, simply becasue I want to print in monochrome.

Anyone got a workaround that gives an appearance of a cut away view without colour?

PeterJ
2004-06-18, 08:49 AM
Tapping my fingers now.....these drawings should go out today.

adegnan
2004-06-18, 12:31 PM
Pete,
I don't really have a clue, you can't just type HL to set it to hidden line? YOu are talking about a standard 3-d iso or 3-d camera view right? All of mine can simply be set to HL hidden line.

If I don't understand the problem please clarify for me.

aggockel50321
2004-06-18, 12:36 PM
I think one way might be this.

Place the shaded 3d view with the section box cut on a blank sheet, export it out as a .dwg, which will give you a 2d .dwg. Most of the shaded stuff will end up on unique layers.

Then either import it & add fills & turn off hatch layers in Revit. Or add the fills & turn off hatches in acad & re-import it.

Or export it as an image & use your favorite photoshop type software, & re-import it.

Posted at5:00 your time & my post 8:30 here, hopefully your still not tapping your fingers, but maybe a keg...

SCShell
2004-06-18, 12:52 PM
Hi there,
I guess I'm a little blonde too; however, all of my 3d ortho views and camera views can be set to hidden line, show complete, in the properties dialog box with or without a section box.
( I do use shading with edges mostly; however, I have changed some of the standard Revit colors used in order to modify them as needed so that they print in black & white beter, showing nice variations between grey shades.)

I too like to add these little "drawings" throughout my drawings because they really seem to help EVERBODY!

In order to load faster, e-mail faster and reduce file size, I like to export my 3d and camera views to JPG's and then import them later on the sheets. It seems to work better. (You do need to play with the pixel settings however sometimes....default setting is not enough sometimes when exporting out of Revit depending on the size of the view.)

Hope this helps!
Steve Shell

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-18, 01:43 PM
Anyone got a workaround that gives an appearance of a cut away view without colour?
Would assigning the color white or degrees of white for all your materials work for you?

PeterJ
2004-06-20, 10:55 AM
I tried the last, Steve, with some success, but of course it affects everything else in the model too.....

I will play with AndrewG's suggestion and then maybe SCShell. The drawings didn't go out for a bunch of different reasons and hence I am working on Sunday morning.