PDA

View Full Version : Crooked Section cuts

DaveP
2004-06-17, 10:15 PM
We've got a building with a lot of "interesting" angles.
We cut wall sections on them, and then one end of the wall moved slightly. Now the wall is at a different angle, the Section cuts are no longer perpendicular to the wall, and the Sections won't show up on the elevation because they're not perpendicular to the Elevation either.

Is there any way we can rotate the sections to be once again perpendicular to the wall? I've tried Aligning, but that won't work with Annotation objects. I can't use Rotate because I don't know how much to rotate, and I can't (or at least don't want to) blow away the section & cut a new one because I've got other lines & notes on the Section View.

beegee
2004-06-17, 11:10 PM
One fail-safe way is to cut the new sections perp to the wall and copy the annotation notes and linework from the old to the new.

Down the track, when youre sure everything is kosher, you can delete the old sections if you wish, or else just hide them in the view.

slb
2004-06-17, 11:40 PM
There's an FAQ on this...

You want to know if it's possible to create an Offset Section. (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=3977593&linkID=3770375)

Steve_Stafford
2004-06-18, 12:22 AM
One "other" approach to fix a section that's wandered off parallel....

When you rotate the section it will snap to horizontal or vertical. If you know the exact angle difference between horizontal and your angled wall, first rotate the section vertical or horizontal, then rotate it "back" by the exact known angle.