PDA

View Full Version : Is there a faster way to generate multiple new commands in the CUI?

GreyHippo
2006-10-05, 04:07 PM
I want to create multiple new commands in the CUI of Autocad 2007, the commands will insert blocks. All commands are similar except for the size. Is there a faster way to do this? This was very easy to do with the old menu file structure.

I don't want to use palette's because I think its faster using toolbar buttons.

I probably should should have created this in the CUI forum, sorry.

Opie
2006-10-05, 04:19 PM
You can import the old menu files into the CUI editor.

GreyHippo
2006-10-05, 04:23 PM
Do you mean first create the menu the old way and then import it into my cui?

Opie
2006-10-05, 04:35 PM
Do you mean first create the menu the old way and then import it into my cui?
Yes. The old menus still work. They will be converted to CUI upon import. You will just need to make sure they show up in the chosen workspace.

Mike.Perry
2006-10-06, 01:05 AM
I probably should should have created this in the CUI forum, sorry.Hi "boesiii" ( I really should know your real name. Sorry )

No worries... thread *moved* this from the AutoCAD Customization (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118) forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

sinc
2006-10-06, 09:45 PM
I don't want to use palette's because I think its faster using toolbar buttons.

Yep, Autocad sorely needs the ability to combine multiple Tools into Flyouts in Tool Palettes. It would be a huge improvement if you could group related Block Tools (and maybe other Tools, as well) into a single Flyout, rather than being forced to have a huge Tool Palette with a whole bunch of Block Tools. It would make it much easier to use Tool Palettes with large block libraries...

As it is, Tool Palettes are much easier to create and administer. Hopefully we'll get a "Flyout Tool" in 2008... ;)