PDA

View Full Version : More Interior Elevation weirdness

ron.sanpedro
2006-10-05, 04:51 PM
We continue to have Interior Elevation issues on our pilot project. What is happening now can best be described as elevation leaking. You go to drop an Interior elelvation on the second floor, and it will leak beyond the walls, ceiling and floor. The latter two result in elevation bubbles showing up on other floors. Some details of the leakinclude the fact that it seems to leak in opposite directions in plan, in other words the north and south elevations leak into the adjacent rooms, while the east and west don't, or the opposite. But never (yet?) does it leak north and east for example. And not every interior elevation leaks, just some. For the most part, if you go to the elevation view and pull back the extents, things clean up. So when you pull the extents up out of the first floor, the bubble also disapears from the first floor plan. But not always, some bubbles just won't go away. Thus far we kind find no explanation for the behavior, but it is a pilot after all.
So, anyone seen anything like this, or have some ideas to try?

Thanks,
Gordon

mlgatzke
2006-10-06, 02:33 AM
This sounds extremely weird. Without looking at the file to make sure you have all of your view settings correctly configured (considering the content of your previous posts, I'd say you've probably got your view settings correct), it sounds like something is extremely wacko with your file (look out, "wacko" is a highly technical term, don't try to use it without the proper training . . . I would feel guilty if someone hurt themselves because I failed to warn them . . . not that you're in any danger Gordon).

I think it's time to send the file to revitsupport@autodesk.com.

patricks
2006-10-06, 01:40 PM
Make sure all the interior elevations go up to the ceiling only, or maybe a little above, but not through the floor slab above. Also make sure the view range for the floor plan above is at 0'-0" for both bottom and view depth of the view range, for the associated level.