PDA

View Full Version : Show Model Categories Automatically Off

lhanyok
2006-10-05, 06:09 PM
Another employee in our office is beginning to use Revit. It seems as though the "Show Model Categories in this View" checkbox in v/g defaults to unchecked. Has anybody ever encountered this before or is there a setting that needs to be altered that I am unaware of.

Steve_Stafford
2006-10-05, 06:19 PM
This happens to new users all the time as they transition from Autocad. When you type VG at the keyboard to open Visibility Graphics...followed by the unnecessary "space bar" (as opposed to Enter) it toggles OFF the check for Show Model Categories in this View. Get them to stop hitting the Space Bar :smile:

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-05, 06:50 PM
:) Oh, I'll have to remember that one Steve. All these seemingly inconsequential things that have consequences.

patricks
2006-10-05, 07:58 PM
hahaha that's pretty funny. I never learned AutoCAD very well in the first place, so hitting the space bar after commands wasn't really ingrained in my head, and so I never had that problem. ;)

lhanyok
2006-10-05, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've already relayed the message. I never would have guessed that was the underlying issue.
I've personally developed the reverse of the problem - when I work in AutoCAD I forget that I have to press Enter after a command.