PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Families

sultarc
2006-10-05, 09:22 PM
I,m doing the third building in a series with the same detailing as in the previous two. I'm having trouble getting a couple of families into the third building, namely some light fixtures that were created for me by a third party who is no longer around. I can transfer many things via cut and paste but not those two fixtures.

I would have thought you could do it with transfer project standards, but that didn't work. It doesn't give the option of families, seemingly. Anyone know how I can get these objects?

archjake
2006-10-05, 10:31 PM
From the menu go:

File/Save to library/Save Family

choose the path and family. this should save your family out. Just re-load into your other project.

good luck.

jj.160034
2010-10-05, 02:47 PM
Is there an easier way to transfer all the families of a project? Is it easier to just save as a template, if so, how do you not save model components, (just families)

revitmaster
2010-10-06, 06:10 PM
Re-saving and loading would take way too long.

In your current model off to the side place all the families you need to transfer. Example: If it’s doors and windows (hosted) you will need to create a temporary wall and then insert the doors and windows. Group all families and host elements you intend to transfer and create a group. In the project browser under groups/model find your group, right click Save Group.. save it out as a group, and Load as Group into any model.

Hope this helps!!!