PDA

View Full Version : Wall Outlines on Site Plan

nsinha73
2006-10-05, 11:16 PM
Is it possible to show just the Wall Outline (One Fat Line) on a Site Plan?

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-05, 11:25 PM
you could use worksets and a drafting line (drafting line in the site workset) that is locked to the outside walls. Make the model part of one workset and site part of the other. you could turn off the walls worket on the site plan.

This will work, but i would hope there is a better solution out there.

Justin

rjjlee
2006-10-06, 01:21 AM
Is the building on a pad? If it is, there is a quick way of showing a site plan with thick lines indicating building location without having to lock lines.
1. Go to visibility graphics and turn off all model categories except site and topography.
2. Change the projection and or cut line for 'pad' to the desired thickness.
3. Make sure the viewing depth picks up the pad depth.

mccurdyks
2006-10-06, 02:30 AM
I just use a coarse view with the coarse view fill pattern set to solid black for all my exterior walls under the type properties of all the walls. Making the change the first time to all the wall types was a pain (some were set that way by default, others weren't), but it's been simple ever since to just keep one view coarse for site plans.

patricks
2006-10-06, 01:43 PM
you could use worksets and a drafting line (drafting line in the site workset) that is locked to the outside walls. Make the model part of one workset and site part of the other. you could turn off the walls worket on the site plan.

This will work, but i would hope there is a better solution out there.

Justin

did you mean model lines? Drafting lines are automatically assigned to the view workset in which you draw them.

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-06, 03:22 PM
did you mean model lines? Drafting lines are automatically assigned to the view workset in which you draw them.

I ment drafting lines. i forgot about the automatic assignment.

The building pad idea sounds pretty good.

What i like is the work sets because i like to show windows and doors for landscapping purposes. i put exterior walls on 1 worset and just have those visible.

Justin