PDA

View Full Version : text overide in tags

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-05, 11:47 PM
Coming from ADT i used to have some tags that allowed text ovverrides. for example i had a ceiling tag that would not the heights, but if the ceiling sloped, i could select the space (from adt) and in the height overide box i would wrtie "SLOPEING" and the tag to show this value.

Can this be done in REVIT? I tried a few ways with shared parameters and visibility but didn't get to far.

any advice? Can it be done? Do i have to use a dummy tag for this?

Thanks

Justin

sleimgruber06
2006-10-05, 11:53 PM
Coming from ADT i used to have some tags that allowed text ovverrides. for example i had a ceiling tag that would not the heights, but if the ceiling sloped, i could select the space (from adt) and in the height overide box i would wrtie "SLOPEING" and the tag to show this value.

Can this be done in REVIT? I tried a few ways with shared parameters and visibility but didn't get to far.

any advice? Can it be done? Do i have to use a dummy tag for this?

Thanks

Justin

I've never seen a text override in Revit yet. I believe you have to make a dummy tag. HOPEFULLY, someone can prove me wrong!

Hope this helps,

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-06, 12:07 AM
Make the ceiling height a Shared Parameter a Text field and create a Schedule that shows both the actual ceiling height and this new parameter and copy values from one column into another substituting textual values as needed.

We like to tag the rooms with this information instead of the ceiling so I created a series of parameters that calculate the ceiling height (Volume divided by Area) and figures out whether it's flat or not and reports accordingly. Slick but manual input is still needed.

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-06, 03:30 PM
so i would have to have somesort of schedule that reports the actual ceiling height and then a column that would be used to report the tagged ceiling height.

too bad. i was hopeing that when needed i could use the automatic height, and just when i had the odd sloping i could use a manual overide.

Justin