PDA

View Full Version : Split face sensitivities in 9.1??

Adam Mac
2006-10-06, 12:01 AM
Hi all -

Is anybody else finding any difference in the "ease" of applying materials
to a split face in this latest release?

I am having some trouble these days getting Revit to apply the material
to the "correct" area once i split a face and it's not something that I ever
had trouble with in the past. I'm having a lot of trouble
i) highlighting the split face region and,
ii) then getting the material applied within that region and not over the
entire rest of the face instead.

Just interested to find out if it IS only me (... and allow me to book my therapist!)

TIA

luigi
2006-10-06, 12:46 AM
I don't have 9.1 yet, but I have had Revit being too sensitive in every release (I am on 9.0, from version 3.1)

I have found though, that the "sensitivity" issue is related to picking the face from a 3d view....somehow, if I select it from a flat view (elevation, plan, etc.) then it works fine....I believe often it has to do with Revit thinking you are choosing the "other side" of the face...

Take care,

Hi all -

Is anybody else finding any difference in the "ease" of applying materials
to a split face in this latest release?

I am having some trouble these days getting Revit to apply the material
to the "correct" area once i split a face and it's not something that I ever
had trouble with in the past. I'm having a lot of trouble
i) highlighting the split face region and,
ii) then getting the material applied within that region and not over the
entire rest of the face instead.

Just interested to find out if it IS only me (... and allow me to book my therapist!)

TIA

Adam Mac
2006-10-06, 01:19 AM
Thanks Luigi -

i'm actually having as many problems with "flat" surfaces (plan views)
as with any other view!

I'm sure it used to be easier - i understand you need to ensure that Revit knows which "side" of the region to fill - but i'm sure it used to be easier!

Thanks agin for your input.

Adam

luigi
2006-10-06, 01:56 AM
That's ok...maybe in 9.1 Revit is even more sensitive that I have experienced...Sensitivity is all relative anyways...Hopefully others will share their experience...

Thanks Luigi -

i'm actually having as many problems with "flat" surfaces (plan views)
as with any other view!

I'm sure it used to be easier - i understand you need to ensure that Revit knows which "side" of the region to fill - but i'm sure it used to be easier!

Thanks agin for your input.

Adam

patricks
2006-10-06, 01:33 PM
Can you not just tab through until the correct area is pre-highlighted? I've never really had a problem.

Mr Spot
2006-10-08, 11:29 PM
I've also noticed the split face and paint tools not working correctly... For some reason when splitting the face of a particular wall in our project and trying to paint each section its own material revit still recognised them as the one face...? Even though the split face lines showed and reported no errors when i drew them... Ended up modelling them as different elements but it was very annoying.

luigi
2006-10-09, 01:20 AM
I have occasionally had that problem in the past, and am currently having that problem and am currently using version 9.0. I noticed that when selecting in 3d view it didn't work, then when selecting in plan or elevation, it worked correctly...but that's just me.

I've also noticed the split face and paint tools not working correctly... For some reason when splitting the face of a particular wall in our project and trying to paint each section its own material revit still recognised them as the one face...? Even though the split face lines showed and reported no errors when i drew them... Ended up modelling them as different elements but it was very annoying.

rjcrowther
2006-10-09, 12:01 PM
I have had this type of problem in 3 versions of Revit (as well as Archicad) but have put the problem down to my bad mouse skills and 3D CAD being a bit 'touchy' in selecting parts of the model. Split face is particularly difficult for me as well.