PDA

View Full Version : Adding layer intelligence to a Block

cadconcepts
2004-06-18, 01:10 AM
Hi Everyone-

I am trying to find a way to rename a layer inside a block upon insertion into a drawing. For example, I have several CMU blocks with cross hatching that I would like to place on a particular layer depending on who places it. As some of you may know, the architects want it one way and the engineers another. I know that I could generate two sets of blocks but that only solves the problem temporarily. Eventually, they will want to apply this practice yet to another group of blocks. Can I add a reactor to a block that would do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Manuel

RobertB
2004-06-19, 06:41 PM
No. Since you posted this here, I'm not going to launch into a discussion of block creation. But surely you know that a single block definition cannot have multiple insertions with different layers for items within the block itself.

cadconcepts
2004-06-21, 03:45 PM
Hi

Yes, I am aware that an insert can only have one definition in a drawing. I guess what I am trying to do is modify the block definition so that all future inserts into the current drawing are identical. What I need help with is a routine that will find all occurences of a particular layer within a block definition and rename it to another name. Thanks.

Manuel

Mike.Perry
2004-06-21, 04:08 PM
Hi

Check out the following Submission # EX001256 by Wes Stueve on the AUGI Exchange Page -

AUGI Exchange Search Page (http://64.227.78.21/empower/exchange/searchdownloads.asp)

Have a good one, Mike

jwanstaett
2004-06-22, 05:56 PM
Way not just chagne the layer setting

then by useing layer states all you need to do is restore the layer state
and the the block data will change