PDA

View Full Version : Power Editing

barathd
2006-10-07, 10:22 PM
I swear I am "zombied out". I am working on a multi storey building doing purely structural drawings. I am creating openings in walls rather than windows and doors. I have gone through a week of hell - sorting things out with Revit support - as to how to get proper structural representations of my plan views. This did not go over very well since reflected plan underlays do not print. Well - found a work around.

Now I thought no problem - just copy one floor to the other - good luck. All sorts of problems with wall joins since I have wall openings adjoining party walls, etc. Go to select similar items in a plan representation - selects everything through out the model not just the level I am working on. Want to add another opening in another wall - can not do so without repeating the whole command (hundreds of times).

No doubt I am not 100% efficient in my technique but neither is Revit. We have Revit - Structure, MEP and who knows what next. But serious problems continue to plague us - when in ??? are these problems going to get any attention ... ... after Revit Civil, Site, etc. are released?

Its about time the developers took these pleas seriously.

dhurtubise
2006-10-07, 10:28 PM
Now I thought no problem - just copy one floor to the other
Why do you do that, interior layout ??? Aren't you doing structural ? Wall should be draw the way they're gonna be buit (from ground to roof for exmaple)

Go to select similar items in a plan representation - selects everything through out the model not just the level I am working on.
Use filter for that

Want to add another opening in another wall - can not do so without repeating the whole command (hundreds of times).
Create an opening family

And keep posting ;-)

barathd
2006-10-07, 11:13 PM
Daniel:

Subsequent floors step in and out PLUS they obscure my openings in plan view from level below.

Filters are just another hoop to jump through.

Opening family - sounds promising - will try.

Thanks for the comments.

Regards

db

dhurtubise
2006-10-08, 02:10 AM
Did you give a shot to Revit Structural ?

barathd
2006-10-08, 03:43 AM
Daniel:

Yes I did - too much money for too little. I work both disciplines.

Regards

db