PDA

View Full Version : Objects mirrored by elevation

mark_a
2004-06-18, 05:05 AM
Hello,
I am producing wet area detail drawings. When an elevation is created, if there is a door or partition behind the cutting plane (ie: looking in the opposite direction to the elevation) the door or partition appears mirrored in the elevation. Has anyone else had this behaviour, and is there a fix please?

mark_a

beegee
2004-06-18, 05:09 AM
That can happen for certain door families when an elevation or section cuts the opening swing of the door.

Open the door family and then go to 3d view and select the head of the opening cut and tab through until you get the "opening cut" to show and then select.
Check the option bar to see if the "3d" and "elevation" boxes are checked.
The elevation box should be checked to prevent the problem you're having.

mark_a
2004-06-18, 06:10 AM
Thanks beegee,
That fixed the door issue, except for the symbolic lines that indicate the door swing, still working on this one. The partitiions are another matter, it appears that if the cutting plane cuts any of the partition, it is seen in mirror elevation. ?????
Any ideas?

mark_a

beegee
2004-06-19, 02:01 AM
I'm nor sure what's happening with your partition. Can you post some shots, or the file ?

mark_a
2004-07-05, 06:29 AM
Hello,
Further to my original post, other items are displaying strange behaviour.
For example; clerestory windows showing up in floor plans, (view range is fine these are well above the view, louvres (as windows) doing the same.
Also we have issues described in the first post where items are mirrored in section, and these items can be many metres from the section cut.
Build is Revit 6.0. This is confounding, not to mention inconvenient.
Bug in build 6.0?
Any help appreciated.

mark_a

beegee
2004-07-05, 06:37 AM
Mark,

Try opening a new clean file. Load the partition and the clerestorey window and cut a section. Is the behaviour the same ? If so, post that file for us to look at.