PDA

View Full Version : Topography - New & Existing

davidcobi
2006-10-09, 08:06 PM
Our new topography (fill) covers the existing topography so we can't see the dash lines of the existing topo that was demo'd. The only way I can think to get the existing lines to show is to import the original dwg survey and set the line types to dashed and in the foreground.

I've tried using the hidden lines feature but it apparently does not solve this dilema. I guess we could try overlaying new and existing views together on one sheet.

sbrown
2006-10-09, 09:24 PM
try changing you phase overide settings to show complete or show all or new and existing until you find the one that displays what you want.

patricks
2006-10-09, 09:29 PM
We always set our grading plans to the New Construction phase, the phase filter to Show All, and the view is set to Wireframe. This way the demolished toposurface will show as dashed lines, and all of it is visible.

I just wish there were some way to make the grading plans more "correct", i.e. all topo lines are shown dashed, except only new topo lines at disturbed areas are shown solid.

davidcobi
2006-10-09, 09:46 PM
I suppose we can set the view to wireframe since our buildings are linked in. Thanks guys.