PDA

View Full Version : Load LISP files with CUI

Steve_Bennett
2006-10-10, 04:40 AM
What is the best way to go about having lisp files loaded using the CUI? Before 2006 version you could use appload-> startup suite and they would load everytime you opened a drawing. This does not seem to be happening in my current adventure (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=48192).

Mike.Perry
2006-10-10, 05:01 AM
Hi

Below are a few options...

1. Acad.lsp ( might also need to look at system variable AcadLspAsDoc ).
2. AcadDoc.lsp
3. *.mnl

If you create an .MNL file with the same name as your CUI file, AutoCAD will automatically load the .MNL when it loads the .CUI file.

Appload -> Startup Suite should still work ( as far as I know, though I have never used that option to load custom apps / routines ).

Have a good one, Mike

Steve_Bennett
2006-10-10, 05:03 AM
Hi

2. AcadDoc.lsp
3. *.mnl

If you create an .MNL file with the same name as your CUI file, AutoCAD will automatically load the .MNL when it loads the .CUI file.

Appload -> Startup Suite should still work ( as far as I know, though I have never used that option to load custom apps / routines ).

Have a good one, MikeThanks big Mike! I'll look into those options.

Mike.Perry
2006-10-10, 05:11 AM
Thanks big Mike! I'll look into those options.Hi Steve

No worries... below is some additional reading on .MNL files ( if you are interested )...

Lisp not loading with CUI

Custom menus & lisp not always loading

RE: ADT 2006 - Current Workspace not remembered when ADT closed then re-opened

Notes on the philosophy of CUI

:beer: Mike

rkmcswain
2006-10-10, 11:34 AM
What is the best way to go about having lisp files loaded using the CUI?

If you really mean "loading lisp files per certain CUI files" - then create a MNL file with the same name as the CUI file. Other than that, the loading of lisp files has little to do with a particular CUI file.

Before 2006 version you could use appload-> startup suite and they would load everytime you opened a drawing.
...and sometimes more than once per drawing. The startup suite has always had problems. I would suggest avoiding it.

Other than the above mentioned .MNL files, use "acaddoc.lsp" to load lisp files since it is loaded once each time a drawing is loaded.
"acad.lsp" is only loaded once at session startup (unless ACADLSPASDOC=1, which may only be set this way if you just upgraded from R14 or earlier...)

sinc
2006-10-10, 05:03 PM
Hi

2. AcadDoc.lsp
3. *.mnl

Have a good one, Mike

If you want Lisp files to be loaded with a specific CUI, you can also just add them to the "LISP Files" section of the desired CUI in the CUI editor. Make sure the directory containing the Lisp files is in your Support path.