PDA

View Full Version : Is there any replacement for BatchPlot in Autocad 04 and 05?

camncad
2004-06-18, 05:24 PM
Greetings:

Since BatchPlot is removed from AutoCAD 04 & 05 I am wondering there is a replacement. If not is there a way to print hundred of drawing into PDF (Acrobat 6.0.1) or network Printer?

Any suggestion and help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Mike.Perry
2004-06-18, 05:40 PM
Hi

Take a look at the PUBLISH command -

AutoCAD: Using the New PUBLISH Command to Create DWF Files and for Batch Plotting (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=3574968&linkID=2475176)

Have a good one, Mike

mjfarrell
2004-06-18, 05:41 PM
They say the PUBLISH is your alternate.
If you search the root directory where you
install 2004, you will still find batch plot.
They just took it off of the Start Menu options.

camncad
2004-06-21, 07:36 PM
Thank you all for your help.

I try both options Publish and Batchplt to Adobe PDF format. None of them is working. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

1. Publish

I follow the instruction provided by the attached link. I load all the drawing that I would like to print into the Publish window. Import a template *.DWT which use Adobe PDF plotter driver into page setup. After clicking of Publish, I receive these errors:

Job: - Plotted with Errors(s)

Job ID: 3
Sheet set name:
Date and time started: 6/21/2004 2:15:06 PM
Date and time completed: 6/21/2004 2:16:21 PM
UserID: Administrator
Profile ID: <<Unnamed Profile>>
Total sheets: 11
Sheets plotted: 1
Number of errors: 10
Number of warnings: 0

Sheet: A1871RB-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A1871RB.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name: Adobe PDF
Plot file path:
Paper size: Letter

ERROR: Error

Sheet: a1941RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\a1941RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

ERROR: None Plot Device. Configure a valid device before plotting.

Sheet: A1981RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A1981RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

Sheet: A1992RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A1992RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

ERROR: None Plot Device. Configure a valid device before plotting.

Sheet: A2001RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A2001RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

Sheet: A2011RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A2011RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

Sheet: A2031RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A2031RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

Sheet: A2051RB-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A2051RB.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

Sheet: A2061RA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\A2061RA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

Sheet: a2081rA-Model - Error(s) Did Not Plot

File: S:\Margaret\Eventide\a2081rA.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Plot file path:

2. Batchplt

Load all the drawing into Batchplt, set up the print driver to Adobe PDF, open a template ".DWT drawing with correct page setup, Print. AutoCAD open the drawing but doesn't print anything and a red cross appear next the drawing warning that plotting failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Binrock
2004-06-21, 07:54 PM
The Publish command works best when the correct page setup is defined in the target drawing. To ensure that you have a valid page setup in your drawing, do the following:

1.) Click on "Start" -> "Programs" -> "Autodesk" -> "Migration Tools" -> "Batch Drawing Converter"
2.) Add your desired files to the list.
3.) Select the option to "Include page setups" and use the browse button to select your drawing or template file which contains the correct PDF Page setup.
4.) Click the "convert" button.
5.) Once the drawings are converted...resume your attempt at the Publish command.

Mike.Perry
2004-06-22, 06:42 AM
Hi

From your attached images it looks like you haven't applied/created a Page Setup for PDF use (though from what you've written, steps taken, it sounds like you have).

What happens if you try to Plot a drawing via the Plot command, following the steps you described (ie Layout = Current Tab, Page Setup = Default , Plot Device = Adobe PDF etc)?

Are you plotting from ModelSpace or PaperSpace (Layout)?

+

Check out the following Technical Document on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS71419 - Drawing does not plot and red X is displayed next to drawing name when using Batch Plot utility (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2889329&linkID=2475323)

Have a good one, Mike

camncad
2004-06-22, 12:59 PM
Binrock:

I follow your step and all I have is "Migration Custom Settings". I will pop the CD in and see if I have to install this seperately.

Mike:

I use the plot command as directed and have encountered no problem. AutoCAD print to PDF file without any problem.

In this particular case, I am printing from the model space. However, there are situation that it is mixed e.g I have to print from Paper and Model space.

richard.binning
2004-06-22, 01:32 PM
You won't be able to do both types (Paper and Model) during the same batch, but you can setup two seperate batch processes to do this.

Sounds like you need to install the migration tools. They are available from Autodesk as a download.

RLB

Mike.Perry
2004-06-22, 02:07 PM
Mike:

I use the plot command as directed and have encountered no problem. AutoCAD print to PDF file without any problem.

In this particular case, I am printing from the model space. However, there are situation that it is mixed e.g I have to print from Paper and Model space.Hi

From the attached image it doesn't look like a Page Setup is being applied/used <None> is shown in the "Name" Drop Down Box.

Create a Page Setup -> Save it as a name (for re-use) -> From the Plot command apply the saved Page Setup.

Does that work?

Migration Tools from the Autodesk web site -

AutoCAD 2005 Migration Tools (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=4091668&linkID=2475161)

AutoCAD 2004 Migration Tools (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=4091678)

AutoCAD 2000, 2000i & 2002 Migration Tools (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2525863&linkID=2475161)

Have a good one, Mike

richard.binning
2004-06-22, 02:08 PM
Thanks Mike,

I knew you'd have the links handy!

RLB

camncad
2004-06-23, 02:32 PM
Thank you all for your support and help. I've got 1/2 of this done.

For some reason the BatchPlt still doesn't work. The publish is the solution to Batchplot. However, I wish that I could save a few mouse clicks

A- BATCH PLOT

1. I use the Migration tools to convert 3 drawings as a test to AutocAD 2000 format including Pagesetup as shown in Migration*.jpg picture.

2. I launch Batchplt following the usual steps as shown top two pictures. The second one shows that Batchplot failed.

3. I use plot command and plot one drawing at a time as shown the 3rd & 4th picture. As you may notice in the 4th picture, the page setup shows "none". Apparently, the conversion doesn't include the page setup that I have specified during the migration process. Am I missing something?

B- PUBLISH

After setting up the Page setup, the Batch Plot process to MSPACE-PDF is flawless and without any particular problem.

For some reason the Migration tools doesn't include the Page Setup that I've specified (I open the converted drawing and the Page setup isn't there), therefore I have to spend a few more mouse clicks (Select All the drawing - Click on Drop down box - Select Import - Browse to the directory where template *.DWT located - Select the Template - Select the appopriate Page Setup) to import the Page Setup manually. Is there a better way of making this process just a click or two away?

Mike.Perry
2004-06-23, 03:31 PM
2. I launch Batchplt following the usual steps as shown top two pictures. The second one shows that Batchplot failed.

3. I use plot command and plot one drawing at a time as shown the 3rd & 4th picture. As you may notice in the 4th picture, the page setup shows "none". Apparently, the conversion doesn't include the page setup that I have specified during the migration process. Am I missing something?

B- PUBLISH

After setting up the Page setup, the Batch Plot process to MSPACE-PDF is flawless and without any particular problem.

For some reason the Migration tools doesn't include the Page Setup that I've specified (I open the converted drawing and the Page setup isn't there), therefore I have to spend a few more mouse clicks (Select All the drawing - Click on Drop down box - Select Import - Browse to the directory where template *.DWT located - Select the Template - Select the appopriate Page Setup) to import the Page Setup manually. Is there a better way of making this process just a click or two away?Hi

2. Check out the following Technical Documents on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section -

ID: TS47627 - Error when plotting to network with HP Optimized driver (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2876900&linkID=2475323)

ID: TS31823 - Cannot use legacy Windows® system drivers (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2870150&linkID=2475323)

Note, the above documents do *not* answer you particular issue/problem directly but hopefully they may get you going in the right direction.

3. Strange, have just tested here and Page Setups were correctly imported into all drawings without problem via the Migration Assistance. Give the following Technical Documents on the Autodesk web site under the Knowledge Base section a try -

ID: TS43914 - Page setup names are not displayed in drop-down list (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2875701&linkID=2475323)

ID: TS46943 - Batch inserting a new page setup in several drawings using a minimum of steps (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2877647&linkID=2475323)

ID: TS66067 - Unable to use Batch Plot Utility to plot drawing with page setup (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2898941&linkID=2475323)

To help with Page Setup check out the following Submission # by Ed Jobe on the AUGI Exchange Page -

EX001003
EX001192
EX001217 (My personal favourite)
EX001230
EX001266

AUGI Exchange Search Page (http://64.227.78.21/empower/exchange/searchdownloads.asp)

Further searching on the AUGI Exchange will turn up other useful Page Setup routines/utilities.

Have a good one, Mike

camncad
2004-06-23, 05:37 PM
Thank you so much, Mike, for your valuable input and help.

I will take a look at those KB and will keep you posted of the outcome ASAP.