PDA

View Full Version : Existing vs. New Construction

abink
2006-10-12, 07:51 PM
Is there a way to draw something as 'Existing' from the start? Right now I draw it, then change its properties from 'New Construction' to Existing. This becomes unpractical once I switch the View Properties to only show Existing.

Thanks for your help,
Axel

ron.sanpedro
2006-10-12, 07:57 PM
Is there a way to draw something as 'Existing' from the start? Right now I draw it, then change its properties from 'New Construction' to Existing. This becomes unpractical once I switch the View Properties to only show Existing.

Thanks for your help,
Axel

Go to the Properties of the view you are working in, and set Phase to Existing. Now all your work will default to Existing. When done with Existing documentation, just change the Phase again. Another option (which I prefer) is to have a seperate plan view for Exisiting, with a Phase Filter of Show All. I can always go back to this view if I need to address something in the existing conditions, and not have to change my other working views.

Best,
Gordon

sbrown
2006-10-12, 08:39 PM
I like to make a plan that is called existing first floor, set its vp to the existing phase, draw all existing stuff there. then have other plans for demo and new.

abink
2006-10-12, 11:05 PM
Thanks a lot, Gordon and Scott,

I'll try out both ways - and perhaps come up with a third alternative?

Greetings,
Axel