PDA

View Full Version : Revit INI file

robert.manna
2006-10-13, 02:52 AM
Does anyone know what the heading "Partitions" is for in the ini file? To date I've never seen anything under it, even after sustained Revit use.

TIA,
-R

Chad Smith
2006-10-13, 04:42 AM
The Partitions header has my Revit Username under it.

robert.manna
2006-10-13, 12:35 PM
Well, we deleted that entry waaaaaaay back, so that would explain that one. But that still doesn't make much since to me, why would user name fall under "partitions". I'm assuming that it has nothing to do with partitions as in "walls", but it would be nice to know what the thinking is.

-R

Kevin Janik
2007-08-07, 06:23 PM
What is the APITrackChanges=0 under the [Toolbar] header?

Kevin

robert.manna
2007-08-07, 06:28 PM
The entry should be an enabler for the track changes tool bar. If you change it to 1 the track changes tool bar should appear when next start Revit. If you start Revit, and turn on the track changes toolbar, the value should be changed to 1 by Revit.

HTH,
-R

Kevin Janik
2007-08-07, 08:22 PM
That is what I thought but that does not work on my version. There is no toolbar.

Kevin

Kevin Janik
2007-08-10, 12:35 AM
I can not get the tracking changes toolbar to work. Does anyone have an idea?

Kevin

dbaldacchino
2007-08-10, 02:39 AM
Hmmm very interesting....if you delete the entire username line, Revit won't write the line back to the ini file unless you open the Options dialog and close by clicking OK. Upon Exit then Revit writes the info back to the ini file. Revit always reads the ini file and if there is no username specified, it uses the one stored in the Username system variable.

If you set the APItrackchanges to 1, a toolbar will show up. That seems to be the only way to activate it (and probably one can enable it through the API). What does it do? I have no clue....it's greyed out.