PDA

View Full Version : Edit Floor Edge Profile

raddis
2006-10-13, 05:33 PM
There is an Edit Profile option for walls but not for slabs, I think anyway.
How to I edit the edge of the slab in profile, like adding a thickened edge for example?

tomnewsom
2006-10-13, 08:06 PM
Not possible unless you use a slab edge profile to cut bits out.

lhanyok
2006-10-13, 08:17 PM
You can add a thickened slab edge through the Modelling-> Host Sweep--> Floor Slab Edge. First you have to load a slab edge profile. There's one that comes with Revit that you can use or modify. After you've loaded the profile family into the project, click on the Floor Slab Edge tool I mentioned above and then click on the edge of the floor where you want the profile.

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-13, 08:19 PM
If this is something that occurs everwhere I would suggest you model it as a sweep or slab edge profile. This way you are sure it will show up correctly in all views.

If it's a localised condition that only shows on a specific section or detail view you can use the edit cut profile option. Keep in mind this is a graphic fix only and does not affect the appearance of the slab edge in the model.

raddis
2006-10-13, 09:14 PM
Thanks.
Sounds like a wish list item.

aaronrumple
2006-10-13, 10:13 PM
There is an Edit Profile option for walls but not for slabs, I think anyway.
How to I edit the edge of the slab in profile, like adding a thickened edge for example?
???
Edit profile for a wall just edits the shape of the wall in elevation.

The equivalent for floors is simply edit. loors can have inner nested loops just like edit wall profile...

Floor slab edges can shape the section edge of a floor or even put a sweep on a slab (if you are clever...) Or do cuts and recesses. However this is equivalent to the wall sweep tool - not edit profile.