PDA

View Full Version : Drawing tips with undo

david.metcalf
2006-10-13, 05:47 PM
If I am drawing walls and want to undo the last segement of a wall because I picked the wrong point is there a undo last?

david.metcalf
2006-10-19, 06:29 PM
That is a no..... Right? : )

Just wanted to see if I can pull this one up and give it another chance.

Chris DiSunno
2006-10-19, 06:57 PM
Are you thinking about like the autocad oops command?

Chris DiSunno
2006-10-19, 06:57 PM
Are you thinking about like the autocad oops command?

david.metcalf
2006-10-19, 08:09 PM
Not quite, that restores after erasure. If I was drawing several segments of walls and one segment was incorrect i just want to undo that one segment without leaving the draw command. Is that more clear?

I didn't mean that to come out sounding like Mr. Smith! : )

Emily.Santilli
2006-10-19, 08:40 PM
So if I understand you correctly, you're making a chain of walls?

Your last piece, if it is incorrect you should be able to Ctrl-Z that one away (Ctrl-Z twice, b/c the first one stops you from creating a new segment after your bad one, and the second eliminates your bad segment). You'll still be in the draw wall command, but you will have to pick the first point of the last segment again. Unlike a PolyLine, Revit does not remember that you created them in a chain, so it's no different for the final product to pick up and start again.

So yes, you can remove just the last segment. And no, you can't go back just one point when drawing a chain of walls. That's been my experience anyway.

:)
Emily

sleimgruber06
2006-10-19, 08:50 PM
So if you're chaining wall, I do not believe that you can undo with leaving the draw command. I normally use Control + Z to undo.

If I were in that situation, which I am quite frequently, I would just hit Control + Z which would undo the previous wall, then hit the keys "WA" which is the hotkey command for walls, and it should go back to the previous wall that was laid down.

Hope this helps,

david.metcalf
2006-10-20, 03:53 PM
OK thanks, maybe make this a wish item to back up that last segement drawn without having to repick the last point to continue with the wall draw will be nice. Perhaps the factory never makes mistakes with drawing/modeling. : )