PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a Floating Ceiling Cloud?

clintr
2006-10-13, 07:19 PM
What is the best method to create a floating ceiling cloud that has an alum trim around the outside? Something similar to the Armstrong Axiom perimeter trim.

There isn't a ceiling family template. I've tried creating a inplace ceiling family, but I can't seem to figure out how to put a ceiling grid inside of it.

Here's a detail of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks,
Clint

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-13, 07:36 PM
Create a profile of the Armstrong trim and then apply it as a sweep to your ceiling.

clintr
2006-10-13, 07:51 PM
Is there a way to make the ceiling as a Family or do I have to use the Create button? I don't see any Ceiling templates nor is there a category for it in the Family & Catergories menu. Just want to make sure I'm doing this the right way.

Thanks,
Clint

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-13, 08:11 PM
Ceilings are their own Revit system family. You create them from the Modleing tab of the design bar. You simply sketch he outline (similar to a floor) and then choose a ceiling style to assign.

Ceiling styles are similar to roof and floor assemblies.

clintr
2006-10-13, 08:19 PM
Yes I realize that, but then how do you apply a profile sweep to it?

Ceilings are their own Revit system family. You create them from the Modleing tab of the design bar. You simply sketch he outline (similar to a floor) and then choose a ceiling style to assign.

Ceiling styles are similar to roof and floor assemblies.

clintr
2006-10-13, 08:47 PM
Hmmm, I got it. I think it must be Friday for me to be having this much trouble. Thanks for the help.

jcoe
2006-10-14, 01:36 AM
You could create a Generic Model family that is ceiling hosted. This will allow you to create the profile sweep you need or nest other families into it.