PDA

View Full Version : Ref. Plane/Lines

dsw98
2006-10-13, 08:58 PM
I've created a PDF file of a Linked Project and have "Hide Ref/work planes" checked yet when the PDF is created the lines are still showing up. Is this normal or have I some how created a pair of dux, uh I mean paradox? ;-)

Brian Myers
2006-10-13, 10:37 PM
A rule of thumb as I've been told... if you can see it on Revit then it's likely going to plot.... so, can you see them?

bbeck
2006-10-13, 10:44 PM
So...a pair of ducks walk into a bar....

I can't reproduce this problem here. Still on R9.0 and Revit PDFWriter 4.2

Never mind....just linked the projects and I'm seeing the reference planes in the PDF too.

dsw98
2006-10-16, 06:18 PM
So...a pair of ducks walk into a bar....

I can't reproduce this problem here. Still on R9.0 and Revit PDFWriter 4.2

Never mind....just linked the projects and I'm seeing the reference planes in the PDF too.

I'm still running 9.0 also. But I'm sure it has something to do with the Linked File. I've created Tons of PDF files with Ref. Plans and they don't show up.

A rule of thumb as I've been told... if you can see it on Revit then it's likely going to plot.... so, can you see them?

Yes I can see them, but in the printer set up you have the option of checking a box so they stay hidden when you print/created a PDF. This option isn't working.

robert.manna
2006-10-16, 06:37 PM
So my question for bbeck & dsw98, are the ref planes that are showing up in the linked model, host model, or both? If they are only in the linked model, then his means the setting in the print dialog affects only elements in the local hosting file. If the ones showing up are in both models or just the host model, if you un-link, do they still show up? If they go away, when un-linked, then probably the linking, is causing something to go haywire with the print setting. What happens if you print, or DWF, same problem? No matter what sounds like something to send to support.

-R

dsw98
2006-10-16, 07:08 PM
So my question for bbeck & dsw98, are the ref planes that are showing up in the linked model, host model, or both? If they are only in the linked model, then his means the setting in the print dialog affects only elements in the local hosting file. If the ones showing up are in both models or just the host model, if you un-link, do they still show up? If they go away, when un-linked, then probably the linking, is causing something to go haywire with the print setting. What happens if you print, or DWF, same problem? No matter what sounds like something to send to support.

-R

My lines are in the Model it's self. I didn't have time to figure out what the problem was, so I just went back to the indivudual models and just deleted them and then reloaded them into the Linked Project.

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-16, 07:22 PM
My best guess is that they're not actually Reference Planes or Lines (at least not according to Revit).

It's possible to draft Lines (either Model or Drafting) that look like Ref Planes/ Lines and if that's what you've got then Revit will, rightly so, print them regradless of the Print setting.

dsw98
2006-10-16, 07:53 PM
My best guess is that they're not actually Reference Planes or Lines (at least not according to Revit).

It's possible to draft Lines (either Model or Drafting) that look like Ref Planes/ Lines and if that's what you've got then Revit will, rightly so, print them regradless of the Print setting.

Nope, they are Ref. Lines. I'm 100% sure of that.