PDA

View Full Version : Revit Stair Anomaly?

tc3dcad60731
2006-10-14, 06:01 AM
Ok, so I am working on this simple deck for a client and they call me to let me know that the steps will now be half round shaped. I edit the stair profile to accomodate this and the railing goes flat on me. Not only this but I get a wierd step system that will not work out.

In other words just simply editing the steps it goes haywire. I recreated the steps in a seperate and new project file and it all works like it is supposed with no glitches. Anyone else notice something like this with editing steps.

I simply changed the risers to radius and edited the boundary lines to follow the sides of the deck. I also changed the steps to "end with riser" unchecked and what I got was a set of steps with a missing section on the topmost step and railing that was running even with the grade and not the steps.

Anyway, it was wierd.

sbrown
2006-10-14, 11:48 AM
Usually when a rail goes flat its because its sketch line no longer is completely over the stair boundary. So you need to move the rail so its over the stair and rehost it. then if it needs to be moved out adjust the offset parameters.

tc3dcad60731
2006-10-14, 03:21 PM
Scott - It was still over the stairs but not hosted to the stairs anymore. Thanks! It is still wierd that the steps did not display right until I totaly re-created them outside of the main file and then reloaded them.