PDA

View Full Version : ObjectWillBeDeleted event

RobertB
2004-06-19, 04:55 PM
An event of that sort would be useful if a programmer needs to get information about an object before the deletion occurs. After the object is deleted all you can get is the ID. (This wish was paraphrased from a post in the Autodesk discussion groups.)

RobertB
2004-06-22, 12:07 AM
Come on folks! 8 views, but no ratings yet?

Ed Jobe
2004-06-22, 02:20 PM
With a cancel option? That would be useful. People have wanted a way to prevent deletion of objects or file locking. If you could cancel the deletion (like most other programs have, e.g. record deletion in Access. After all, isn't a dwg a database? Why can't it act more like one? At least add it to CAO.) then you could do error checking or check user's password or rights. Rates 5 stars by me.

RobertB
2004-06-24, 04:33 AM
I doubt we would get a cancel option, but even if we could read the info before the delete it would be nice. Thanks for the rating!

Ed Jobe
2004-06-24, 05:38 PM
I don't see why not, maybe I'm just naive. If you had such an event, theoretically, you could recreate an ent after it was deleted. So why not just cancel the deletion? Maybe that's why we don't have such an event now? We want it ALL! :-)