PDA

View Full Version : Custom Curtain Walls / Custom Mullions

lindsayfriesen
2006-10-16, 04:17 AM
I am creating an 'as-built' drawing set and need to create a custom mullion profile.

I am having difficulty getting the results i need. That is, when i create a mullion profile, I apply it to a curtain panel i have placed in plan. The result is that the mullion shows properly on one side of the panel, but it is not reflected in plan so that the next panel can be received into the mullion.

Secondly, can you apply a different mullion profile to to act as the curtain wall frame? Or would the better solution be to model a window instead?

If anyone can point me to a useful tutorial on this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Melarch
2006-10-16, 12:47 PM
In answer to your first question about creating and aligning curtain wall mullion profiles. Make sure you create the mullion profile across the center of the mullion profile template grid axis.

If I understand your second part to this post, you want to have different mullion profiles for the outer grid lines surrounding the curtain wall then are on the internal grid lines. Then yes you can. You can select curtain wall grid lines to place mullions on a Grid Line Segment (one grid line at a time), Entire Grid Line ( the length of the entire grid line that spans from one side of the curtain wall to the other) and All Empty Segments (All remaining grid lines that have not already received a mullion profile). These options can be found on the Option bar above the screen drawing area when you select the Mullion tool from the Modeling tab on the Design Bar.

lindsayfriesen
2006-10-16, 03:51 PM
thank you! i will try this out....