PDA

View Full Version : Moving objects from one Design Option to another...

DanielleAnderson
2006-10-16, 08:48 PM
I hope this is not a repetitive question:
Is there a way to move objects from one design option to another?
I am trying to create a bunch of subtle variations on a curtain wall and I thought I would do this by copying/pasting then editing. The problem I seem to be having is that I can copy the wall that is part of an option, but I can't seem to get it to move to a different option - please tell me this is possible and I am missing something...

jspartz
2006-10-16, 08:54 PM
You have to go into editing the option that the objects reside in. Copyclip the objects. Finish editing the option. Open the option you want to put them in and Paste Aligned - Current View those objects in. Or you can cut the objects instead of copy.

DanielleAnderson
2006-10-17, 04:14 PM
You have to go into editing the option that the objects reside in. Copyclip the objects. Finish editing the option. Open the option you want to put them in and Paste Aligned - Current View those objects in. Or you can cut the objects instead of copy.

Good to know, and thanks for the answer...now am I allowed to say I think that is a bit clunky and I wish we could actually just move objects from one design option to another and not have to cut/paste?

jspartz
2006-10-17, 10:13 PM
I would also like to be able to remove objects from an option, meaning take them out of the option and have them part of my main plan. There are sometimes where you highlight a bunch of objects and put them in an option and you didn't want one of them, but to move it back you have to edit the option and cut the object and finish editing the option and paste it back into the main floor plan. I wish there was a remove object from option button.

Mr Spot
2006-10-17, 10:39 PM
Yes I've been asking for this ability since design options were implemented.

Steve_Stafford
2006-10-17, 11:53 PM
If you uncheck the Exclude Options check box you can select elements that are part of an option and then choose the Add to Option Set button on the Options toolbar. This must be done while you are NOT editing any design options.