PDA

View Full Version : Wall Function and Wall Subcategories

jhd
2006-10-16, 11:30 PM
I'm trying to create subcategories of walls so when I export to AutoCAD certain walls can be automatically placed on certain layers specific to the type of wall. I'm able to create a wall subcategory in the visibility graphics, and the subcategory appears in the export settings. However, the element properties does not allow me to define the wall to any subcategory. As an alternative, I was hoping the "wall function" option in the properties of the wall might be a way of approaching it, but I wasn't sure what steps to take in my attempt. any suggestions?

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-17, 12:08 AM
I believe that is one of the fundamental problems that everyone wants to have resolved. componants such as walls dont allow different sub categories. if (and when) they could, this would really open up the program to better customization and functionallity.

So the answer is sorry, you cant do what you want at the moment.

Justin

robert.manna
2006-10-17, 02:51 AM
As a workaround, you could export several DWG's and filter the walls for each export. Not very pretty, but with some preset filters & view templates it shouldn't be too bad to manage.

HTH,
-R

dbaldacchino
2006-10-17, 03:22 AM
I believe that subcategories for walls only work for in-place walls.

robert.manna
2006-10-17, 12:25 PM
As a workaround, you could export several DWG's and filter the walls for each export. Not very pretty, but with some preset filters & view templates it shouldn't be too bad to manage.

HTH,
-R
I should clarify my own comments. You would need to filter by some other property, you could add your own project parameter if you needed to, as opposed to filtering/exporting by subcategories.

-R