PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate reporting of drawing sheets

bsuccar
2006-10-17, 01:11 AM
We have project made of 9 linked Revit models. Each model is linked several times into the host Site file. The drawing list is reporting drawings per instance of linked file rather than by System Family (linked file name or Element ID). You would expect this behavior for harvesting doors and windows but not for drawing lists. Does anyone know if this issue is solvable (RB9.1) or whether there’s a workaround?
Thank you

clay_hickling
2006-10-17, 03:24 AM
Would the 'Itemise every instance' option at the bottom of the sorting/grouping tab of the properties dialogue of the schedule help?

bsuccar
2006-10-17, 03:43 AM
Would the 'Itemise every instance' option at the bottom of the sorting/grouping tab of the properties dialogue of the schedule help?

Not really...have a look.

clay_hickling
2006-10-17, 05:10 AM
OK, maybe try a filter within the schedule. It would mean adding an extra field that requires addition of unique information that can be filtered out. Then just hide the column.

bsuccar
2006-10-17, 12:43 PM
This doesn't work as you cannot add values to project or shared parameters in rows pertaining to linked files. You can only add values in rows pertaining to the host file you're in.

michael.deorsey
2006-10-17, 01:31 PM
I would bring this to the attention of Autodesk. From what I see you are getting two instances of the exact same sheet reporting, not sheets of the same name from different models, as I had first thought. And Revit does not permit different sheets to have the same name, so I think that you've got a bigger problem. I would go through that A file and check all your sheets to make sure that the parameters are correct, and that you are scheduling the actual sheet data, and not a text parameter with old info in it.

dbaldacchino
2006-10-17, 02:19 PM
I've never experienced this before (9.0) and I cannot think of a way to replicate it. At first I thought it might have been because the projects were linked back into each other, but Revit actually gives a warning when this happens and unloads the duplicate (ex: Arch linked in Struct and vice versa).

bsuccar
2006-10-18, 04:08 AM
I would bring this to the attention of Autodesk. From what I see you are getting two instances of the exact same sheet reporting, not sheets of the same name from different models, as I had first thought....

I have filed a support request yesterday....When I first hit this issue, I thought I'll find a couple of threads discussing it. Multiple file linking of the same model is quite common in campus-like projects. It would be solvable if the drawing list includes a reference to its originating model instance...If I receive feedback from Autodesk, I'll post it here. Otherwise, it is back to Excel transmittals!

Steve Mintz
2006-10-20, 04:00 PM
Not really...have a look.
Really? Did you Sort/Group by sheet name, and then unclick itemize every instance? Hopefully I'll have some time today to try this.

bsuccar
2006-10-23, 05:53 AM
Really? Did you Sort/Group by sheet name, and then unclick itemize every instance? Hopefully I'll have some time today to try this.

I did...Please try it if you can and let me know whether you encountered the same issues.
Regards

Steve Mintz
2006-10-23, 04:32 PM
I did...Please try it if you can and let me know whether you encountered the same issues.
Regards
I gave it a quick shot this morning.

On the upside: unchecking itemize every instance will make the list look right.

The downside: The sheet count will be wrong, just as you said.

Two possible workarounds. Take them with a grain of salt:

1. Add a calculated value (mine is called dummyCount; you can override the column label displayed). Set the calculation to 1/N, where N is the number of times your file is linked. This will only work if all your sheets in the list come from the same linked project. You could use a filter to make this the case...

2. Forget the sheet count.

bsuccar
2006-10-24, 01:40 AM
Thanks Steven...It is more than one linked file so I'll forced into option 2!
Let's hope it's on Autodesk's to-do list as I haven't received any response from support.
Regards