PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Marker Double Symbol Designation?!

CHRIS.104410
2006-10-17, 05:14 PM
This may be a revit 101 question but I am unfamilar with its solution maybe the group can advise.

My Interior Elevation Symbol Markers that are used in plan, lists both the Detail Number and the View Name of that elevation. I managed to get it to label it on the elevation page as"Elevation" in the Identity Data under "title on sheet" but cant seem to get the view name to disapear "E".

In this case the #5 is the "detail number" and "E" is the view name.see the attached pdf. I want the "E" to go away bye bye, but it shows up on the plan elevation marker and,... its rotated.. see attached pdf.

Question; how can I turn the "View Name" off or disapear in the plan marker? It wont even let me leave it blank.

Thanks anybody,

D.Williams
2006-10-18, 04:56 PM
You simply need to go to "Settings" menu - View Tags - Elevation Tags,
and turn off the checkbox for view name as noted in attached image.

This will affect all elevation markers that use this elevation tag type. If you need some elevations to show the view name, you'll need to create a duplicate type that will not turn off the name.

captainbunsaver
2006-10-18, 05:38 PM
I tried selecting the circle marker, properties, no good.
I tried selecting the pointer marker/tag, properties, no good.

By no good I mean that I don't get the properties box that lists all the goodies I see in your black dialog box.

What did I miss?

TC

captainbunsaver
2006-10-18, 05:41 PM
Correction. I missed the first step "Settings".

Does this mean I can't have two different types of interior elev markers?

TC

CHRIS.104410
2006-10-18, 07:08 PM
Thank you very much DWilliams,

It didn't work for me at first but then I realized after putting your php file next to mine that I had a different "type" picked, 1/2" circle and not the other 1/2" square , so now its up and running properly.

now how do you make a "PHP" file for future postings, I have been using pdf's but I like the screen shot your able to get of those properties box's?

D.Williams
2006-10-18, 08:52 PM
I just do a screen capture via the "print screen" key and then paste and crop in Photoshop.

TC - You should be able to have as many elevation marker types as you want. It may be a little tricky to follow but here we go.

First go to the "Settings" menu and path again into elevation tags as before. In here, duplicate your circle or square type elevation markers and modify their view parameters accordingly.

Next either go create a new elevation marker in plan or click on an existing one. Go to the Properties of that marker. Click "Edit/New" then "Duplicate". As I've shown below I simply made 1/2" Circle and 1/2" Circle No Name. Then within this dialog box you need to change which elevation marker is being used for that type.

Hopefully the screen shots make this clear.