PDA

View Full Version : window in a sloped wall

marcknapen
2006-10-18, 02:34 PM
I made a mass (solid blend) and added walls with 'pick faces'.
How can I place a window (or an opening) in a sloped-wall?
How can I change the height of the sloped wall?

Justin Marchiel
2006-10-18, 03:15 PM
somebody else might have a bettter idea, but if i where stuck with this problem i would try to make a window from a generic model that has a ref plane that can be sloped (start with a generic model template, then switch it to a window family afterwards). as for the height becasue it was made based on a mass, you would have to recreate the mass and reapply the wall by face.

Justin

cphubb
2006-10-18, 03:49 PM
curtain systems also work for sloped windows

lev.lipkin
2006-10-19, 02:28 PM
Skylights could be placed in sloped wall also, and will follow slope of the wall, if that what you are looking for.

agu
2007-10-25, 01:09 PM
I have the same problem. I have a sloped wall in a 10 degree angle and I want windows in the wall. I have made a skylight at it works fine except that I can`t controle the sil height.
I have tried to make a sloped window from a generic family template, but I canĀ“t make the path in the sweep angled, and I can`t controle the constrains in a frame build up of extrusions.

Anne

cphubb
2007-10-25, 02:26 PM
The best way to do this is to draw a reference plane that will control the angle you want for the window in relation to the wall. Use that as your work plane for the sweep extrusions etc. Then delete the opening and use a void that is very deep to cut the wall. This should work out better than the skylight.

To improve that family, use an angle parameter to control the workplane angle and have a universal angle window.

agu
2007-10-26, 08:56 AM
thanks chris

I am rather new at revit and I still can`t get it to work. If I delete my opening cut and make a void cut extrusion the void doesn`t cut my wall. It can cut my sloped mass (blend) but then it takes all mass with it into the project. Is it maybe possible to controle a 3d cut with the opening cut tool.
Maybe someone can tell me in detail how to carrie on.

Anne

cphubb
2007-10-26, 03:20 PM
To have the void cut the wall use the cut geometry tool from the tools menu next to the join. Select the wall then the void. The void works better than the opening because the opeing is always horizontal resulting in mitered edges on the head and sill. The void will be straight if drawn that way in the extrusion.

Make sure to lock the void to the controlling reference planes to get it to follow the window sizes.

sjsl
2007-10-26, 03:20 PM
Make sure you are in mass edit mode when trying to cut a void. Also, voids only cut when you tell them to. Use "Cut Geometry Tool" on options bar and pay attention to the little messages in the lower left hand corner of your screen.

agu
2007-10-29, 10:05 AM
Thanks for that tool. I got it to cut as I wanted to. Is it possible to controle the axis around which the window shall turn?. right now , I can`t controle the sill height because the axis is in the midle of the window and therefor the bottum jumps up and down then change the angle.
It is okay to call me stupied, because I still don`t really get the sloped window;-)

Anne