PDA

View Full Version : Interior Steel Frames

mccurdyks
2006-10-18, 07:33 PM
We've always elevated frames, and now have our modelling to a point we just create cropped sections in the model for this purpose, with no additional drafting. To help distinguish between aluminum frames and steel frames, we put a line for the stop in our steel frames. The only way I can get the joints to clean up correctly is to create a separate model for steel frames (basically a large door family with the sidelights, etc). I want to create them as curtainwalls with mullions that have the stop so we don't have to create a new family each time we need a steel frame. Any ideas on how to clean up (join) the joints (see image 2)? Image 1 is what I want to achieve with a curtainwall (but I have to use a separate door family now) You can't see the two lines, they look like one in the export, but there are two at the edges of the glazing. Image 2 is the closest I can get with curtainwalls.

I know I could use the linework tool to achieve the look of what's in image 1 using the out- of-the-box rectangle mullion, but I don't want to.

Thanks in advance.