PDA

View Full Version : Wall cleanup

kwong
2006-10-19, 04:07 AM
Hi all,
I did some cavity wall cleanup in Revit 8.1 but when I opened it in Revit 9, it changed. I'm attaching the file and screenshots of the correct 8.1 and the wrong 9.0 versions and hope someone can help me out. Thanks.
kwong

lev.lipkin
2006-10-19, 01:51 PM
Please post simplified model with those 2 walls only (and purge unused) or set model through Support. Thanks, and sorry for trouble.

kwong
2006-10-23, 03:26 AM
Actually 4 different types of walls are involved and they are the only walls in that uploaded drawing (plus the window) & the drawing has been thoroughly purged.

lev.lipkin
2006-10-23, 03:18 PM
There is also wall no. 5 at the end of the thick wall perpendicular to it (id 142809).

All walls have disallow join set at every end and 'Join Geometry' was used.

I suspect change that join geometry tries to cleanup layers according to join rules, resulted in picture change.

The real cause is that walls do not match their finish and structural layers (one wall has structural layer on inside, one on outside).

If you flip horizontal wall in plan (id 115084, first change location to centerline of the wall to avoid wall displacement), join will come up.

I suspect that if you match core and finish layer properly, you will not need 'diallow join' and 'join geometry' in first place.