PDA

View Full Version : align view

Cheuk Ling
2006-10-19, 02:19 PM
is it possible to align the dragged views in drawing sheet ?
It seems that they are all by eyeball.

Any help is much appreicated

Henry D
2006-10-19, 02:47 PM
In my experience, the only views that can be perfectly aligned are views with similar levels. For instance, if you are placing two section views side by side you will notice a reference line will temporarily appear when the levels become aligned. Other than that you will have to eyeball. Maybe someone else has a workaround

ford347
2006-10-19, 05:34 PM
I just had to get used to the whole 'eyeball' thing, once I got past the 'is it suppose to be this way' stage, I don't notice it anymore, although I wish you could use the align command with view!! As a matter of fact, someone should start a poll with that one, I would love that!!

Josh

Cheuk Ling
2006-10-20, 03:24 PM
Thanks all.
So it's a limitation right now.
hope it could be fixed in the near future.

jcoe
2006-10-20, 06:52 PM
The other method is to turn on your work plane in your sheet view. You can use the workplane grid to help with aligning views. Not ideal, but you at least have a graphic reference to go by.

greg.mcdowell
2006-10-20, 07:10 PM
Hey! That's a good idea! Keep forgetting about that tool...

tc3dcad60731
2006-10-21, 05:00 AM
That unfortunately is a purely eyeball thing there. I can hope that it will be in the next version. The only saving grace is the views do line up with the dashed green line on the view labels so that it lines up vertically and horizontally. The drawback is that if you edit the label and move it to recenter you are right back to the whole eyeball thing again.

Wish #1 - center view based on view or label
Wish #2 - auto recenter the label when text is modified

my 4 pence :beer: