PDA

View Full Version : Circular chain of references

rkulczynski1882
2004-06-21, 03:16 PM
I keep geting the following error message on one of our projects. Can some please help what would cause this?

"There is a circular chain of references among the highlighted elemets"

adegnan
2004-06-21, 03:23 PM
Too many constraints typically. What those constrains are I cannot tell you off hand. What type of component are you working with-- wall? floor? roof? an in-place family?

You'll probalby need to go back and unlock something-- experiment-- or delete and re-draw something.

You should be able to see highlighed components when you get that error message, or you can click to "show" the problems and go from there.

Good luck!

ilya.bass
2004-06-21, 03:42 PM
Too many constraints typically. What those constrains are I cannot tell you off hand. What type of component are you working with-- wall? floor? roof? an in-place family?

You'll probalby need to go back and unlock something-- experiment-- or delete and re-draw something.

You should be able to see highlighed components when you get that error message, or you can click to "show" the problems and go from there.

Good luck!

i concur, it is hard to tell what is causing this without seeing the model.

if you get stuck, your best bet may be contacting Support. they are there for you (assuming you are have an active subscription) and are very responsive. www.autodesk.com/subscriptionlogin

Mr Spot
2004-06-23, 01:09 AM
An example of a circular chain of references might be where the constraints of a floor depend on a wall but the constraints of the wall depend on the floor. Hence, the circle and therefore Revit is unable to find a solution... :banghead: