PDA

View Full Version : Gridlines in Drafting Views

barathd
2006-10-19, 09:18 PM
I always show my gridlines in drafting views. I would like to create a generic family of a gridline to insert into these details. I most often draw my details independent of my section views - guess its just the way I like to do it. I can't seem to create a gridline family that will - extend by dragging and allow me to change the grid annotation. Any suggestions.

Thank you.

Dick Barath

barathd
2006-10-19, 10:35 PM
Here is as close I have been able to come. This is a Symbol Annotation. Problems - linetype not showing properly as a centerline, text does not remain readable upon rotation and unable to stretch grid line. As one can see - this is not very good at all. Previously I have been copy and pasting - not the greatest.

dbaldacchino
2006-10-20, 02:32 AM
Consider buidling a line based detail component...lock the grid bubble to one side and the end of the grid line to the other. It would behave very similar to the grid tool when placed in a project.

clay_hickling
2006-10-20, 08:11 AM
You could create a callout detail in the location you need and within the view properties change the display model to 'do not display' which will turn off all model items but leave the real gridline with the real grid number. You then simply treat that view as a drafting view and add your 2d linework.
At least the gridline number is the real deal.

barathd
2006-10-20, 06:57 PM
Clay:

I suspect your method is the way the developers imagined Revit detailing to work. You do preserve a lot more info - grids, levels, etc. and you have already referenced the location. I guess old Autocad habits die hard.

Regards

db