PDA

View Full Version : Wall Section callout disappeared

patricks
2006-10-20, 02:53 PM
I'm having trouble with a wall section callout that is in a building section with a jogged section line in plan. It appears as though the jogged building section line is confusing the wall section callout, which I'm trying to set the view depth independently of the building section's view depth.

In the wall section, the view depth that I have set keeps changing almost every time I open the view properties, and sometimes when I open the view the model elements have disappeared also! Then when I reset the view depth AGAIN to what I had before, the model elements come back into view.

But now most recently, the wall section's callout in the building section view is now gone! It's nowhere to be found. I even tried setting the wall section's view depth back to Same as Parent View, but no luck.

I took the jog out of the building section line, and the callout came back. I put the jog back in the section line, and the callout disappeared again. So I just made another callout in the section with the jog, and deleted the old wall section view.

Are callouts in jogged section views just not very good in Revit?

Kevin Janik
2008-07-17, 09:38 PM
I just found out that when you jog a section line for a wall section to avoid conflicts on the plan for readability, the cropped wall section will not allow you to tag the room. It gives an error below.

None of the created elements are visible in Section: Corridor TYP View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings.

The problem results from the jog is not clear from the above error. When we take out the jog everything works fine.

I can not seem to replicate this behavior on a simple wall section of a single room box but it sure makes a difference on my 3 story wood framed building in two jogged sections.

Kevin