PDA

View Full Version : Perspective View

dsw98
2006-10-20, 03:17 PM
Is there a way to have a callout or section head refrence a Perspective view or is this a wish list item?

Dimitri Harvalias
2006-10-20, 04:13 PM
Not out of the box but you can get around it by exporting the perspective to a jpeg and then loading that jpeg into a drafting view. You can then use an elevation marker, section callout etc and reference the drafting view. It's not live but it does the trick. All you have o do is remember to update the image if changes are made.
A long while back (in the Zoog Forum days) I suggested having the camera icon as an active hyperlink in other views. Still think that would be really handy.

dsw98
2006-10-20, 04:28 PM
So I tried that, but the jpeg image just doesn't look as sharp and crisp as the actual perspective view. Of course I guess it would look the same when it was printed.

david.fannon
2006-10-20, 04:41 PM
Are you ok with a hidden line view and no shading? If so have you tried putting the 3d view on a sheet, exporting the sheet as 2D cad and linking the 2d into a drafting view? If this works as I think it should, you would be able to annotate your heart's content, although that is still not live, and is annoying.

I agree that this kind of functionality would be mighty handy OOTB.

dsw98
2006-10-20, 04:44 PM
Are you ok with a hidden line view and no shading? If so have you tried putting the 3d view on a sheet, exporting the sheet as 2D cad and linking the 2d into a drafting view? If this works as I think it should, you would be able to annotate your heart's content, although that is still not live, and is annoying.

I agree that this kind of functionality would be mighty handy OOTB.

I haven't tried that. I have the client on his way to my office so I'll just go with what I have and just use some text to lable each view, it's not as high tech but does the job.