PDA

View Full Version : Create roof slopes with spot elevations

David Kim
2006-10-20, 04:42 PM
I know its on the wishlist but as a workaround, has anyone been able to create the roof slopes if you are given spot elevations of the existing roof?

Thanks

trombe
2006-10-20, 06:40 PM
What is wrong with (tan * span) for rise, and (span / cos x) for pitch ? eg: the old basic trig functions.
regards
trombe

David Kim
2006-10-20, 08:50 PM
That is okay if you are creating a new roof where you establish a given point (such as plate heights) and you let Revit create the roof slopes and heights as needed. The situation that I am working on is an existing roof with existing ridge lines and existing slopes and existing elevation heights based on the existing conditions. I dont mind working with slope arrows but it becomes a task to work through variable slopes in different directions to achieve the existing elevation points.

tatlin
2006-10-23, 11:04 AM
Hi David,

Would you mind sharing an example image of the roof you are trying to make?

thanks,

David Kim
2006-10-23, 05:55 PM
Thanks Matt for the reply...

I'm trying to recreate the existing roofing on this building but trying to match the same elevation points have been difficult. The mechanical penthouses are very easy to do but the main roof have been driving me crazy...

I've been using the slope arrows, breaking the edges at the existing ridge lines and adjusting the heights and doing the back-and-forth...